Profile for atc2009 > Reviews

atc2009 (Belgium)

Karrimor K2 Mens Sandals White 10 UK UK
Karrimor K2 Mens Sandals White 10 UK UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great for all outdoors avtivity, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Karrimor K2 Mens Sandals (Apparel)
I'm a stickler for decent shoes having been made to wear the most awful cheap and unforgiving shoes as an adolescent. I am 6'3", and have large, broad feet made ugly, very sensitive and prone to blistering due to improper footwear in my teens. I hate to wear open-toed sandals, slip-on shoes simply slip off again every 5 paces and the other options I tried with heel bands all caused awful blisters and discomfort. I found these elsewhere at a high street store, and my normal size 11(UK) were too big even in socks, so I went for the 10. I've now had these shoes for over 3 years, and they are some of the best footwear I've ever had. Some people complain a bit about the "nobbly" insole, but I actually like it, it prevents pins and needles, and if you're not keen, some additional insoles will fix it. Apart from that, I love the feel of these shoes, they are wonderfully light. One thing that concerned me at first was the material in the heel top and tongue as it felt a bit abrasive, but that softened quickly enough for me to forget about it. Also I found there was a loose stitch in the foremost stitch of the right shoe, but with a small pair of scissors, that was snipped out and nothing has bothered me since. I'm a very keen traveler and I've wandered around a dozen or more cities in high summer wearing these (and I can easily walk 20 miles a day site-seeing). I've been to rock festivals, gone cycling and driven all over Europe in them, no problem, in fact they've been a pleasure every single step. I'm saving the best for last as these shoes are made for the beach. I've worn these on beaches around the world, whether beautiful white sand or pebbles and stones, these shoes excelled. I've played around in the sea, worn them as boat shoes when out on scuba diving trips, helped with boat and jet-ski launching and landing, and simply walked for miles in them when the sand was too hot. Finally, the real clincher for me is the durability and ease of cleaning. This is no exaggeration, I must have walked several hundred miles in these, and had them utterly caked in sand, mud, beer and heaven knows what else. Every time, I come home, blast them with a hose, or just soak them overnight if necessary, then put them in the washing machine. They come out immaculate every time. They still look pretty much new apart from a worn sole. I think I paid around 20 for them, and I hope they last forever, but one day, I will be forced to buy another pair.

GreatShield Ultra Thin Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Folio Case with Stand for Apple iPad 2 / The New iPad 3rd Generation / iPad 4 4th Gen (Black/Orange)
Offered by theWireless USA
Price: 22.00

2.0 out of 5 stars No good for anything but the Ipad 2, 14 Nov 2013
When this arrived I thought it looked great, but I put my new iPad 4 in the sleeve and immediately regretted buying it. The new thinner/smaller shell slips around in the sleeve, so when you stand it up, it drops down, and all the i/o connections are misaligned with the holes. Not only that but the stand itself is poorly designed, having just 2 ribbons holding it in place, so it's not at all stable if it's on anything but a solid surface. Also, there is only one angle position. My old case allowed for 3 angle positions, and held its place really well on any surface. Finally, the keys aren't very good and there seems to be some lag between typing the first letter and it appearing on screen. I'm going to keep it as I'm giving my old iPad 2 to my mum, and it works reasonably well with that, at least it fits ok. Other than that it's a waste of money. Will keep my old cover and buy a decent bluetooth portable keyboard instead.

GAMING PC INTEL i5 3570k 3rd Generation Quad Core 4x3,4GHz - 1000GB HDD - 8GB DDR3 (1333 MHz) - DVD Writer - Grafik GeForce GTX660 (2048MB DDR5-VGA-DVI-HDMI-DirectX 11) - Audio - 6xUSB 2.0 - 2xUSB 3.0 - LAN - 650W - Cardreader - Wireless LAN (USB/150MBit) - 1xeSATA - 3xLED fan - Windows7 Home Premium 64Bit (DVD a.Lizenzkey) - COMPUTER

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, great build quality and excellent service, 11 Nov 2013
I ordered this machine and received it within a week. I was immediately impressed by the inclusion of all component boxes and secure packaging. Having de-boxed and assembled it I opened the casing to check the internal build quality and was very impressed by the attention to detail throughout. My only slight gripe would be that the SATA connectors for adding my old resource HDD into the machine were obstructed by the graphics card, but only insofar as having to buy a €10 angle top cable instead of my old vertical mount connector. It runs very quietly, the boot to desktop time is around 10 seconds and the overall impression is mighty impressive. I had a couple of (dumb) questions that I asked the seller, and received responses in a matter of hours, if not minutes. If there are others that experienced worse service then I doubt it would be the seller's fault, I can't recommend it highly enough. Brilliant.

Motorola S9 Universal Bluetooth Stereo Headphones Headset
Motorola S9 Universal Bluetooth Stereo Headphones Headset

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, much better options available., 3 Dec 2012
I've had these for a while now, and they've ended up in a drawer. I found them really uncomfortable, and after a month or 2 they developed a slight tinny distortion in the left channel. Charging was ok at first, but they only last 2-3 hours now, and then 2-3 hours to recharge from a PC to mini-usb. Performance wasn't that great either, the connections seemed to get confused if you tried to pair them with multiple devices. Then the controls on the side are a bit fiddly, and not easy to use. All in all I wouldn't recommend them. Get a Bluetooth dongle instead and some real nice buds/phones. Much more comfortable, better sound and easier to operate, plus if you run out of charge on the receiver, you can just plug straight into your music player while you recharge the unit.

Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Offered by Accessory-Shop
Price: 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Stereo output is the selling point + good performance and great value., 3 Dec 2012
Having used Bluetooth before with phones and notebooks, as well as using a little USB dongle on a PC, I really wanted something I could just link up to my stereo (a decent Yamaha AV receiver and audiophile speaker set up). I looked at a couple of others, but this seemed like decent value. Ordered on Friday, arrived Tuesday. Took it out of the box, attached it to my stereo using the provided 3.5mm jack to stereo inputs, hooked up the provided power plug and hit the connect button. First I connected using my iPad, no problem, then with my phone (Galaxy SIII). All great. I tested the range, easily moved around all the rooms in my apartment, about 90sq/m, and it was fine unless I had 2 walls between the sender and the receiver. I then hooked up my PC in another room (I have a home studio, so useful for listening to compositions and streaming etc). That also worked, though it did drop out a little, but then the studio is at the furthest extremity from my stereo, at about 20 meters away. Once it settled down it still worked ok.

I then swapped the provided 3.5mm jack to stereo cable with really good quality stereo to stereo cable as one of the reasons I bought the unit was it had the stereo outputs. This was definitely better. Straight away the sounds were richer and more pleasant to hear.

The only con I found was that when I was streaming directly from Spotify to the Bluetooth receiver, there was a bit of drop out if the sender was anything over about 5m away. So I moved my Wifi router about 3m away (they were right next to each other, I wanted to see if it really would interfere), that fixed the problem.

All in all, it's a great little piece of kit, highly recommended if you have up to date gear to send audio to it. If your gadgets/computers/wifi router are a bit old, then I wouldn't guarantee the same performance, but for me it's perfect!

Powerball Signature Series 250Hz
Powerball Signature Series 250Hz
Offered by PhysioRoom
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best., 15 Dec 2011
I am 42 and I had a nasty mountain biking accident 8 years ago resulting in a badly dislocated shoulder. I also play the guitar, and have actually had to buy a hollow bodied guitar to lessen the discomfort when I play standing up. I've tried weights and massage and several therapy methods including swimming and stretching. I also work in IT and spend 8 hours a day in front of a computer, and often found myself writhing in discomfort, constantly jigging my shoulder to relieve the cramps and pain, probably making it worse in the process. I found he powerball almost by accident, and was very skeptical, I mean how can such a thing really work? The truth is, once you get the hang of it, the gyroscopic motion of the powerball creates a pleasant resistance that you can control very easily. At low speeds, it's therapeutic and gentle on the wrist and forearm, but if you want you can get it really buzzing and when you stop the thing almost leaps out of your hand with the forces it generates. I managed to get it over 12k rpm tonight (with my good arm), and I can really feel a burn like a proper workout, but what I absolutely love is what it's done for my weak shoulder. I now feel that the whole shoulder joint is able to relax after my daily session of about half an hour, and the muscles are still with no spasms or pain all day at work. Just the mechanism itself, by which the thing works I find utterly fascinating. I think gyroscopic motion is one of the key methods by which future power generation will be accomplished and if this is the start of that then it has got off in the best of possible ways. This little machine, almost a toy in its simplicity, is the most remarkable, enjoyable, useful and effective object I have ever laid my hands on. Bar none. I assure you, if you buy it, out of interest, or as part of your workout equipment, or just as an objet for you coffee table (everyone who has seen it is fascinated with it), then you will never, and I mean never regret it. It's absolutely outstanding.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2013 9:43 PM GMT