Profile for G Bartkowski > Reviews

G Bartkowski

How to Train and Understand your Labrador Retriever Puppy or Dog
How to Train and Understand your Labrador Retriever Puppy or Dog

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst book I've ever bought, 25 Aug. 2013
Perhaps its because English is not my first language and I only thought I understand it. The fact is I really don't know what the author says, I can hardly understand a sentence. I really tried hard but gave up when I read: 'Whatever the reason you're Labrador Retriever' (!!!). Well, perhaps the language is so strange because the book is directed to my Lab and he should read it not I. But still he would be really confused if he tried to answer the question why he is a Labrador Retriever.
Don't take it even for free!!!

Fear's Empire: War, Terrorism, and Democracy
Fear's Empire: War, Terrorism, and Democracy

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably lost money, 25 Aug. 2013
A book compared of ready made statements, lacking any analysis and thought. Most of the thesis are proved on the basis that something is bad because its bad, or is good because its good e.g. 'the language of moral absolutism makes negotiated solutions to international conflict nearly impossible'. If you ask 'why?' you won't find an answer, you must accept it or not. Opposite views are constantly described in pejorative words (as above 'moral absolutism') what makes anything looking closer to an argument unreliable. If you like books, which confirm your views without worrying analysis causing doubts about your worldview, and if you support Labour or Democrats you may like it, but be sure it won't make you think.

Islamophilia
Islamophilia

5.0 out of 5 stars A worrying book, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Islamophilia (Kindle Edition)
Douglas Murray in that short book exposes silliness of people from whom we would expect at least basic traces of common sense. But far from this; from politicians through writers to scientists, all of them are victims of new sickness in Western society - islamophilia, i.e. uncritical acceptance of anything an 8th century tribal religion brings to our Western secular society and no matter how bad or damaging it can be to that society. A book about people who are either afraid of telling truth or see their interest in not telling truth due to some political reasons or perhaps due to simple foolishness. In fact a worrying book that such people are deciding not only about our lives but also about the future of Western civilization.

The Diversity Illusion: What We Got Wrong About Immigration & How to Set It Right

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read book, 25 Aug. 2013
Another very important book (even from the point of view of immigrants as myself) on the topic ignored by main stream media and politicians. The book clearly shows that official Western religion of multiculturalism does not benefit the society in a way we are told it does. It not only doesn't benefit our economy but also works against its very goal i.e. tolerance,and rights we were lucky to enjoy few years ago yet. Clear and brief in his points Ed West brings a number of statistics, most of us were not aware of, to confirm his thesis. A must read book for everyone interested in present condition of British culture and its future.