ARRAY(0xa26a55d0)

Profile for B. L. Rudd > Reviews

Content by B. L. Rudd

B. L. Rudd "GUITARIST" (FRANCE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Chopper
Chopper
by Mark Brandon Read
Price: 5.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh really?, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Chopper (Paperback)
Speedy service from the supplier. The books plain silly, apart from MBRs complete turnaround at the end.
Gangsters that live amongst us are a strange species are they all the product of a broken childhood? I cannot empathize with people that enjoy inflicting pain.

4 Piece Deluxe Baiting Tool Kit
4 Piece Deluxe Baiting Tool Kit
Offered by jiffy bag tackle
Price: 2.45

4.0 out of 5 stars essential fishing kit, 11 Mar 2014
Small but essential item. A good purchase I think, with speedy delivery from Ireland. I'm not a fanatical carp fan but most waters here in France hold them. The kit is fit for purpose but did'nt arrive in a tin so I can't make the usual "does what it says on the tin"
comment, you can't eat them so I can't add "Yum".

The Monocled Mutineer : The Complete BBC Series (2 Disc Set) [DVD] [1986]
The Monocled Mutineer : The Complete BBC Series (2 Disc Set) [DVD] [1986]
Dvd ~ Paul McGann
Price: 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment, 11 Mar 2014
I loved this when I first saw it on TV and rewatching on DVD has given me great pleasure. Paul McGann was brilliantly cast in this.

Guitar Family Connection - 2013 Sessions, Paris
Guitar Family Connection - 2013 Sessions, Paris
Price: 14.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold the phone!!!!, 11 Mar 2014
I've seen and heard Romane play live on several occasions, he has become a great player. His sons are up and running, a credit to their dad. This is a real guitar fest. Wow!!!!

The White Ribbon [DVD] [2009]
The White Ribbon [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Christian Friedel
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: 6.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice one!!, 26 Feb 2014
This movie has a moderately simple plot, that anyone with an average IQ can work out. It's hard to believe that there are those that buy a foreign language film and are disappointed that it has sub-titles. I don't hold much hope for them, I'm afraid. What possessed them to buy it in the first place?
Michael Haneke states in his included interview the events could have taken place in any (European country) at that time, and it must be common knowledge that rural communities in the UK were still in service (my grandparents were) so keep that in mind. There is no connection between the white ribbon and nazi armbands, simply that on the eve of World War the world of our ancestors was about to change for ever.
Brilliantly directed, cast and acted, I like Hanekes work.

Behringer XM8500 Ultravoice Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone
Behringer XM8500 Ultravoice Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone
Price: 18.33

4.0 out of 5 stars 1, 2, 3, testing, testing, 10 Feb 2014
This is a very handy spare with a quality sound and real value for money. Its a little heavy so its best used in a mic. stand.
I like Behringer, treated with a little respect, their products will last with out breaking the bank.

My Life in France
My Life in France
by Julia Child

5.0 out of 5 stars halcyon days, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: My Life in France (Paperback)
The days of great French cuisine are long gone, I live in France, the French are happy with McDonalds, Pizzas and Kebabs. I enjoyed the book immensely, it has a real feel good factor and is much better than the movie. Julia Childs achievements were commendable and an inspiration.

X-Mi X Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule iPhone / iPad 2 3 / iPod / MP3 / Laptop Speaker - Purple
Price: 16.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Overated, 10 Feb 2014
Portable these maybe, but the sound is mediocre and mono. I also think they are overpriced and rather wish I'd bought something better.

Fladen Outdoor Brolly Spike
Fladen Outdoor Brolly Spike
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars indispensable, 10 Feb 2014
This very useful gadget arrived in record time (thanks Amazon). No more bent alluminium brolly sticks. Just the ticket for an old boy like me whose finding it increasing difficult to drive a brolly stick into rock hard ground. Obviously, a guy rope is still required.

Not Here To Be Loved [2007] [DVD]
Not Here To Be Loved [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Georges Wilson
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: 11.47

4.0 out of 5 stars It takes two to Tango, 8 Feb 2014
This is a slight, but likeable movie from Stephane Brize. Being a retired bailiff myself, this movie bought a smile to my lips. Good performances from the leads

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10