Profile for Mrs. Melonie Pickering > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Melonie P...

Mrs. Melonie Pickering (Sheffield, UK)

My Crochet Doll: A fabulous crochet doll pattern with over 50 cute crochet doll clothes and accessories
by Isabelle Kessedjian
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutest ever crochet, 3 May 2014
This is a very cute little doll to crochet. There are also a variety of clothes to make for her, from pj's to school wear, also accessories such as bags and even stuff for the beach, including a lilo to sunbathe on! I love her little teddy too.

Mums Still Know Best: The Hairy Bikers' Best-Loved Recipes
Mums Still Know Best: The Hairy Bikers' Best-Loved Recipes
by Hairy Bikers
Price: 17.40

5.0 out of 5 stars More goodies, 14 Feb 2011
Love this book as it's got some really tasty recipes for trying out and most are not fancyfied, just plain old fashioned recipes. Got the book for less than it would normally cost in bookshops. Can't wait to try making my own honeycomb (cinder toffee by any other name).

Mums Know Best: The Hairy Bikers' Family Cookbook
Mums Know Best: The Hairy Bikers' Family Cookbook
by Hairy Bikers
Price: 18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hairy bikers on track!, 25 Feb 2010
Loved the series, love the book too. Can't wait to try the key lime pie, it's base includes OREO cookies! Have tried and become addicted to the HAGGIS somosa's. Be adventourous and give em a go!

Easy Cross-Stitch Pattern-A-Day Calendar
Easy Cross-Stitch Pattern-A-Day Calendar
by Elizabeth Spurlock
Edition: Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Weekends off!, 10 Nov 2008
Just received this calendar today and on intially glancing through found there were some really good designs, but, and this is a BIG BUT, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WEEKENDS? It's supposedly a pattern a day calendar, yet there are no designs for any weekend in the year. Monday to Friday, yes, but definitely none for Saturdays or Sundays, just thread, dimensions and other info on these days but no designs. I am confused and a little annoyed at reading the blurb telling me I can stitch a new design every day when in actual fact there are patterns for weekdays only. Does the designer of this product assume nobody stitches at the weekend?

At My Mother's Knee ...
At My Mother's Knee ...
by Paul O'Grady

5.0 out of 5 stars The man from Birkenhead.....!, 27 Sep 2008
This book was so worth waiting for. I laughed, fought back the tears and cheered when Paul won his battles. I would have loved to have met his Mum, cos this is one lovable rogue who probably gave her more than the odd grey hair. Now I wait to see whether there will be a 2nd book, cos it just can't end there! I salute you Mr O'Grady MBE, you bring laughter, love and sunshine into this life we lead.

Narrow Dog to Indian River
Narrow Dog to Indian River
by Terry Darlington

5.0 out of 5 stars If you buy just 1 book this year, buy this one!, 28 April 2008
Well, Terry, Monica and Jim made it safely across America and had me hooked all the way! This book is such good reading I cant wait to finish it so I can read it all over again! It's funny, it's highly descriptive and it's compelling reading. Carcassone was good but Indian River is amazing. Seems to me it was one big scarey adventure from start to finish that left me holding my breath in anticipation as I progressed from page to page and chapter to chapter. How they did it I will never know but they did. What an achievement but most of all, what a couple! And what a book. Now go buy your own copy and settle down with a cup of coffee, a big bar of choccy and enjoy!