Profile for Mr. C. Thorne > Reviews

Content by Mr. C. Thorne

Mr. C. Thorne "tintin" (christchurch, dorset)

Picture Perfect Posing: Practicing the Art of Posing for Photographers and Models (Voices That Matter)
Price: 16.25

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 2 Jun 2014
Gives you loads of ideas in an easy going way. Recommend it to anyone who finds posing hard work or doesn't know where to start

Chewed Corners
Chewed Corners
Price: 11.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Going round full circle, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Chewed Corners (Audio CD)
It has been an age since the last album and it has been well worth the wait. I was very disappointed with the last album some 6 years ago BUT life must of changed for the better. This album feels fresh, almost poppy in parts. Now, that can be a bad thing but what MP does in this album is draw in so many influences which makes the album exciting and full of vigour. But he definitely has gone full circle. I remember listening to Tango back in the early 90's and I remember the feelings of Joy that came out of it. This does the same and I just hope MP carries this on for the next offering. There is quite a few highlights for me but like all U-ziq albums there is some fillers. But I can see straight off that I am going to be playing Houzz 10 again, again and again.

Touch Yello -CD+DVD-
Touch Yello -CD+DVD-
Price: 66.64

5.0 out of 5 stars more then a bit surprised, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Touch Yello -CD+DVD- (Audio CD)
It is funny really. It has taken me nearly 3 years to get this. I didnt really like The eye, I felt it was a bit safe and unsurprising, so when this came out I felt it wasnt worth getting. How wrong can I get. This has pretty much every kind of music in it. You have chill out, jazz, house, ambient. It reminded me of St germain in parts and that is great. these two have now been going on for over 30 years and they have had a lot of peaks and troughs. This is definitely a peak. On the same as Zebra, stella and sold pleasure. Well done my swiz friends. Keep those surprises coming. I will look forward to the next one around 2015

John Digweed Live In London
John Digweed Live In London
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars finally got my hands on this, 30 Dec 2012
and no surprise...it is fantastic. I think I had cd 2 on all day yesterday. fantastic for decorating the ceiling in master bedroom. I hate to think what the neighbours thought when i started to dance on my ladder!! I havent been clubbing for a long time due to family commitments etc but this album puts you feet first on the dance floor and doesnt let you go for a couple of hours. Well done Mr digweed, firstly for releasing a 4 cd pack epic and secondly for releasing it at a price which is incredible value

Bedrock 14
Bedrock 14
Offered by AS1986
Price: 14.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Upbeat and very brave, 11 Oct 2012
This review is from: Bedrock 14 (Audio CD)
But fantastic. Enjoyed from beginning to end. Yet another fantastic release by Mr Digweed. I have feeling this could be played a lot over the coming months.

Sony CMTG2BNIP Hi-Fi Sound System with DAB Radio & Airplay Compatible
Sony CMTG2BNIP Hi-Fi Sound System with DAB Radio & Airplay Compatible
Price: 414.83

5.0 out of 5 stars I dont normally do one of these, 14 July 2012
I have been looking for a decent hi fi for ages. This ticks all the boxes. I am so impressed with it. The sound quality is second to none, it has everything. That is the big plus. Most players have either the internet radio, dab etc or a cd player. This one has both. Its nice to have a player that plays the past as well as the future. The set up is easy enough. I can not think of a single fault. well done Sony

DOPPELGANGER
DOPPELGANGER
Offered by CiriusMusic
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Grid are back!!, 27 April 2008
This review is from: DOPPELGANGER (Audio CD)
I was surprised more than most people of the return of the grid but I am really really pleased that they have! Their first proper album for 14 years....now that is normally a worry....but dont be. It is well worth your pennies. I have been a 'fan' of the grid since 'electric head' in 1990. when that album came out I really felt that something new was coming. I wasn't wrong. It was an amazing album and it is still one of the highlights of my rather large collection of electronic music. This album is not on the same level but it has a caliber all the same. The album is in two sections. The first half is hard and techno-ish. It sounds like one of laurent garner sets. The second half, the better half, i might add, is fantastic and is what the grid were always good at. It is full of chill out vibes which stay with you the whole day, well worth a listen!