Profile for FizzH > Reviews

Content by FizzH

FizzH (North Yorkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
ESPRIT Boys Big Dino Ts T-Shirt, Marine Blue, 6 Years (Manufacturer Size:116+ cm)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit!, 23 May 2014
I bought this as my 6 yr old had a non uniform day when he was asked to dress as a dinosaur. He absolutely loves it and it's hardly been off his back since it arrived!

Sassy Pop N Push Car
Sassy Pop N Push Car
Offered by MMP Living
Price: 5.21

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite toy!, 6 Nov 2013
My son was given one of these when he was crawling, he loved it! You pull it back over the same bit of floor two or three times, release it and it goes like the clappers, even on carpet, though is faster on a hard floor. My daughter is almost 11 months and beginning to take an interest in it. The popping sound really gets her attention.
I would highly recommend this, so much so that I'm ordering two for Christmas presents this year!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless :(, 11 Sep 2013
I got this on half price offer in Mountain Warehouse, and my waterproof jacket was losing it's ability to repel water, so I figured it was worth a go.
I followed the instructions, and have been out in a heavy downpour this week walking the dog, by the time I got back I was soaked! The water had soaked through the coat and my cardigan underneath, leaving my T-shirt wet. I must have done something very wrong, as it is no more waterproof than before it was treated. In fact, there is dye on the lining of the jacket where it wasn't before.
I've just ordered a pack of Nikwax instead and hope that will be more effective. I hope so, or I'll have to buy a new coat, I currently have nothing that repels the water and rain is on the forecast for the foreseeable future.

Bright Starts Activity Balls
Bright Starts Activity Balls
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars My 8 month old loves them, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: Bright Starts Activity Balls (Toy)
These are simple and brilliant, but aren't the best ideas??!! Five balls, each with different things inside, one with fine beads (her favourite because of the sound it makes), another with a fish in which makes a different sound when shaken, two with rotating sections that click (she can't really move these herself yet, but loves the sound they make when someone else does it) and the last one with the cat in, which spins when you move it, but makes no sound. Great size for little hands to grasp. I would certainly recommend these for babies of about 5 months plus.

HEAVY DUTY DOG STAKE. SECURE YOUR PET SAFELY. CAMPING, PICNICS, GARDEN
HEAVY DUTY DOG STAKE. SECURE YOUR PET SAFELY. CAMPING, PICNICS, GARDEN
Offered by BargainShop_London
Price: 3.18

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 31 Aug 2013
Very disappointed with this, we took in on our caravan holiday for our 15 month old golden retriever. My husband was putting it in the ground on the second caravan site we stayed on, and it snapped in two! It lasted less than a week. We bought another from the site shop, but that too broke before the end of the trip, and we had to go hunting round the caravan site for our dog. Luckily, someone had found him and brought him back!
Very disappointed with it.

Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard - Green
Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard - Green
Price: 17.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, would highly recommend, 31 Aug 2013
Bought this for our holiday in Cornwall. Our daughter is 8 months, and I needed something to protect her from the sun on the beach. The description said it provided UV Guard, but having contacted Coleman, this was confirmed to be SFP50, so I went ahead and bought it. It was excellent.
We had a couple of practices putting it up at home, which I would definitely recommend, as I wouldn't like to learn how to do it whilst fighting the wind on the beach! All it has is 3 poles, a long one across the top and two short ones running front to back. There are pockets for sand or stones to weight it down, which we did use. It also has ground pegs presumably for use on grass, so we haven't used them yet.
It was plenty big enough for four of us (two adults, a 5 yr old and 8 month old) to fit inside. The base of it remains cool, even in the sun. We would not have spent the time on the beach that we did if we hadn't had this, as I would have been worried about our daughter being exposed to the sun, but she was quite happy in the shade, and didn't catch the sun at all.
It's a bit of a challenge rolling it up small enough to get it properly back in the carrying bag, which has the instructions sewn into the top so you don't lose them, brilliant!
We saw a couple of these in shops we visited whilst away, both were being sold at 35, so Amazon win on price.
Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this! I'm delighted with it.

Orchard Toys Doodlebugs
Orchard Toys Doodlebugs
Price: 7.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Orchard Toys Doodlebugs (Toy)
This was bought for my son when he was two, he's now almost 5 and still likes to play it. Initially he just liked matching the colours or patterns in groups and arranging them on the floor, but he soon learned to play it properly. It's a good choice for learning colours and matching pictures. I was so impressed, I bought one for a second birthday present for a friends son.
You can't really go far wrong with Orchard toys!

Lamaze Play & Grow Freddie the Firefly
Lamaze Play & Grow Freddie the Firefly
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - buy it, you won't be disappointed!, 6 Mar 2013
I ordered this for my daughter who was about 7 weeks old when it arrived, she's now 11 weeks. This toy has held her attention from day 1, the black and white pattern on the back of the wings kept her glued on it for ages. She's now starting to reach and hold toys, and again, this keeps her occupied for longer than any other toy she has. There are lots and lots of different colours and textures, it has a gentle jingling sound and a teething toy which fits in a little pocket on the underside of one of the wings.
I can now appreciate why this has so many excellent reviews, and would, without hesitation add my full marks for it. I also bought one for a friend who had just had a baby, as it's so good for really young babies. The price on amazon is also a lot cheaper than the shops.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars First pair of wellies that actually fit me!, 1 Mar 2013
I purchased an identical pair of these 18 months ago from a shop in the lake district, being unaware til then that wide calf fit were available, they are the first pair of wellies that have actually fitted my calves since childhood! Sadly they recently developed a split at the back of the heel.
The pair I bought originally were a size 6, though I normally take 6.5 - 7, so on the strength of that, I ordered another pair of size 6, only to find when they arrived that they were too small. I have returned them requesting an exchange for a size 7, but am very bemused as to why the two pairs were clearly different sizes, despite both being a size 6!
Other than that, I am really happy to have found wellies that actually fit me, and don't have to pay a fortune to buy them!

Bigjigs Rail BJT050 High Level Track Expansion Pack
Bigjigs Rail BJT050 High Level Track Expansion Pack
Offered by Bigjigs Toys
Price: 26.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Room for improvement, 14 April 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
We ordered this for our 3 year old son as he loves his wooden trainset. We were rather disappointed as the pieces were quite difficult to assemble in the right order, and when we did finally make it, we found the legs didn't all reach the ground. He hasn't really bothered with it, so it wasn't a good buy in my opinion. If they improved the quality of it and ease of assembling it, it has potential.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3