Profile for Ms. At Newsome > Reviews

Content by Ms. At Newsome

Ms. At Newsome (Huddersfield, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Skechers Women's Shape-ups XF Energy Blast Sneaker
Skechers Women's Shape-ups XF Energy Blast Sneaker
Price: 21.50 - 69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars love them !, 25 Nov 2012
These are my second pair of Skechers shape-ups,and they are fab! (The previous pair just wore out.) These little black numbers look good, especially with black soles (have had some admiring comments) and are soooo comfortable; I have dodgy ankles and knees. Possibly little known fact - they are also quite grippy in snow and ice. Who on earth needs a DVD to increase the price when buying shoes???? And for the customer disappointed with the "exercising" hype - note the careful phraseology "may help" etc - if you want a gym workout, go down the gym ! These shoes are made for very comfortable - and stylish - walking....

Practice Makes Perfect Italian Vocabulary (Practice Makes Perfect Series) (Italian Edition)
Price: 6.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle product....., 16 Feb 2012
Bought this for my gorgeous new Kindle.... Seems OK, though struggling with the concept of "how do I write on it", being a techno-Luddite. Obviously cheaper than its paper counterpart, and more environmentally friendly; I'm sure it's just a question of time......

Kit Neoprene Tablet Case for Google Nexus 7/BlackBerry Playbook/Kindle Fire/Kindle Fire HD/7 inch Samsung Tab/Samsung Tab 2 - Black/Red
Price: 7.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what it says on the tin, 16 Feb 2012
My new Kindle is gorgeous, just wanted something to protect it when I take it on holiday.... this case is exactly right. And there's enough room to put the PC connecting cable in, if you really need to take it with you..... The red/black contrast is just right !

1000 Years of Annoying the French
1000 Years of Annoying the French
by Stephen Clarke
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 16 Feb 2012
I teach French, I love France (and most of the French). Bought this for an English friend who lives there. It is both educational and very funny. This guy knows his stuff, and writes in such an English style... Not at all anti-French, just fair and unputdownable.......

Chambers Adult Learners' Guide to Spelling
Chambers Adult Learners' Guide to Spelling
by Anne Betteridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended !, 16 Feb 2012
You don't have to be an adult to benefit from this book. This is the 3rd copy I have bought, so it must be good ! Excellent for anyone struggling with spelling, dyslexic or not. I have bought one for myself as a dyslexia specialist teacher, and two for pupils who are still at secondary school.

LAMY Safari Ballpoint Pen (Blue)
LAMY Safari Ballpoint Pen (Blue)
Offered by LPC Stationers
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars German quality as always, 16 Feb 2012
You can't go wrong with a Lamy. Joins my stable of Lamy various pens/pencils. Comfortable to write with, smooth ink. Satisfaction guaranteed in Germany !

Lanzarote & Fuerteventura, Canary Islands (Spain) Travel Guide - What To See & Do in 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading and disappointing, 16 Feb 2012
The first thing I bought for my new Kindle. Not much on Fuerteventura (where we are going) and rather too much on a Spanish language guide - I teach Spanish and don't need a basic language guide!

MBT M.walk Sky Womens Trainers (+DVD) UK Size 5 (EU 38 1/3)
MBT M.walk Sky Womens Trainers (+DVD) UK Size 5 (EU 38 1/3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin !, 11 Feb 2011
Bought these in green (don't do pink!). Great - they do definitely exercise the calf muscles - cannot fail as 1) they are heavy and 2) they roll so far down at the back, your calf muscles are definitely stretched. Perfect fit - I don't usually buy shoes from the Internet (in fact, I dont' usually buy shoes at all!), Not sure about some of the claims in the video, but definitely worth the money !

Bodi-Tek Low Energy SAD Light Therapy Lamp
Bodi-Tek Low Energy SAD Light Therapy Lamp
Price: 38.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Mood-booster for the winter, 3 Nov 2010
Fantastic product ! Does exactly what it says on the tin. And you only use it for a few days at a time. Light and portable, I have it on for 15 mins while we have breakfast, I've noticed a difference in my mood. May only be psychological, but who cares ! Definitely worth the investment as winter closes in.

The Untranslatables: The Most Intriguing Words from Around the World
The Untranslatables: The Most Intriguing Words from Around the World
by Cj Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating read !, 14 Jan 2010
Bought this as a colleague's "Secret Santa", and realised it was so good I bought one for myself. Not just the reference book it appears to be, it is actually very absorbing ! Loads of cultural as well as linguistic information from around the globe.

Page: 1 | 2