Profile for maddog > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Card Shuffler
Card Shuffler

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Card Shuffler (Toy)
Flimsy plastic and does not work properly. Do not waste your money on this or any other cheap card shuffler.

Elmij Extended Backup Thicker 4600mAh Battery with Back Cover For Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII I9300 White

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Sept. 2012
Should have been included with the phone as standard. My original battery would only last 15 hours at the very most. Off just 1 charge this higher capacity battery has already lasted over 24 hours.

Snugg™ Galaxy Tab 10.1 Case - Smart Cover with Flip Stand & Lifetime Guarantee (Black Leather) for Galaxy Tab 10.1

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 May 2012
Bought a few cases for my Samsung Tablet 10.1 and this is by far the best.
The strap at the back is also very convenient for using on the train, it feels safe and good quality.

Samsung Extended Battery and Cover for Galaxy S II - Black
Samsung Extended Battery and Cover for Galaxy S II - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, 13 May 2012
First of all this should have been put in the SGS2 from launch date, I therefore begrudge having to pay for something that should have been standard. Also £25 is not cheap.

Have now found that a lot of the clip-on type cases no longer fit, so I either leave it caseless or spend more of my money on Samsung's money making machine.

Black Metal
Black Metal
by Peter Beste

5.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I was expecting, 17 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Black Metal (Hardcover)
Prior to purchase I had not read any of the reviews, nor seen a copy of this book for sale anywhere. It was a blind purchase based on my interest of black metal.

When it arrived I was surprised at the sheer size of the book, it's similar to one of the large art books, it is weighty and feels like a quality book with its glossy thick pages and double spread photos.

If you are buying this book in the hope to read about black metal - don't, this is not for you. This is an art book with some of the most personal and candid photos of the guys that started the black metal movement.

Although you may spend a couple of hours at first flicking through it, it's not the type of book you would pick up on a regular basis. It's something to treasure and look back on over the years. If this sounds for you then I highly recommend buying this to add to your collection.

Made for Samsung' SAMGS2CCBL metal look Case - black - Galaxy S2 i9100'
Made for Samsung' SAMGS2CCBL metal look Case - black - Galaxy S2 i9100'

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not buy again, 17 Jan. 2012
My case lasted all of 3 months before showing cracks at the edges, eventually parts of the sides started to bend and fall off. I now wish I had spent a bit extra and got something that would last. I am not rough with the phone, nor did it ever drop on the floor. Not recommended.

Scarlet Bakes Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix 450 g
Scarlet Bakes Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix 450 g

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 14 Dec. 2011
Good, but expensive for what it is. The ingredients provided can be bought for a fraction of the price. Would make a nice present for a youngster though.

Griffin 1093-CURV2 Elevator Laptop Stand
Griffin 1093-CURV2 Elevator Laptop Stand
Offered by eoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Dec. 2011
Really glad I got one of these, using it for my Alienware 17" beast of a "laptop". Would recommend it to anyone that needs a riser for a large laptop, it looks good and works.

The only thing I would change about it is to increase the size of the plastic stoppers that sit on the ends.

Turtle Beach Wireless Headset Ear Force X41 (Xbox 360)
Turtle Beach Wireless Headset Ear Force X41 (Xbox 360)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good experience, 13 Nov. 2011
Bought a pair of these when they were on sale at another site. For the money I thought I would be in wireless gaming bliss, unfortunately the reality was far from that...

Mine suffered badly from popping, clicking and dropouts. When I say popping it was more like a loud banging sound which would kill my ears. On the TB support forum they said it was probably due to a faulty chat cable, I was sent another and still had the same problems. My issues were probably due to having a wireless router in the same room as well as a load of other electronic stuff creating interference.

Instead of buying these I would recommend getting a mixamp 5.8 (runs at 5.8GHz band meaning it won't suffer from interference), and then using your own set of headphones. The difference in sound quality is incredible, and is now almost crystal clear. Luckily I was able to send the X41s back for a refund and would find it hard to recommend these to anyone, even if they were half the price.

Salter Disc Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale - Black
Salter Disc Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 1 Nov. 2011
A really good choice for kitchen scales, compact and accurate enough for cooking. Also the battery lasts for ages, I think we only changed the battery once in 3 years. My first one died after melting by the oven, have ordered another one straight away to replace it.

Page: 1 | 2