Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Yankee Candle Christmas - Red Apple Wreath Tea Lights
Yankee Candle Christmas - Red Apple Wreath Tea Lights
Offered by ZB Direct
Price: 6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Scent To Take You from Autumn Through To The Festive Season., 27 Oct 2012
This is one of my all-time favourite Yankee Candle scents. It is one of their Holiday Homecoming fragrances, and is perfect for the Autumn-Winter season, and for me is especially nice during the Festive Season to really create that wonderful homely atmosphere. It is one of their stronger scents, with sweet red apples, cinnamon, maple and walnuts being the main elements you'll pick out. If you like strong fragrances with a warm feel, you'll love this.

The best thing for me is that it doesn't contain vanilla, which I cannot bear as it gives me migraines! I tried the Blissful Autumn range and I had to give them away - this fragrance is what I hoped that would smell like! If you could create a scent for Christmas or the run up to it, it would be this. It isn't a fresh scent, and if you don't like cinnamon or heavier scents this won't be for you; for me though, it is a 5 star buy!

Wuthering Heights
Wuthering Heights
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I've Ever Read., 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
This book is the best I've ever read, and I get through 2 books a week, sometimes more. I avoided reading it for 10 years, thinking it would be soppy and sickly-sweet - I couldn't have been more wrong. It is a powerful, passionate, captivating read, and will have you reeling at times. I felt and battled with every emotion possible while reading -I was gripped and attached to the characters immediately. It has certainly changed my view of the Bronte sisters; I'd judged them solely on the screen adaptions of their works, and this was a huge error on my part.

I urge you to read this book. It is exquisite. And Emily Bronte writes so beautifully.

5 stars. Kindle Version.

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! Absolutely delighted., 12 Jun 2012
I wasn't immediately keen on the idea of the Amazon Kindle as I thought I would lose some of the enjoyment of the reading experience - I suppose I thought it would be like reading from a standard computer screen. That was until I had a look at my mum's Kindle and from the moment I started reading I knew I had to have one!

I ordered the Touch, as for 20 more you get a more slimline product, and I am delighted with it.

It is light, attractive and comfortable to hold;

The screen is responsive, but not excessively so;

It is nicer to read than paper. I activated the 'refresh e-ink after every page turn' feature to avoid the ghost writing that people have warned of and have not found it to be a problem whatsoever;

It is simple to shop for books using the Touch screen, and downloads take less than a minute to appear on your Kindle;

It has superb features such as the 'x-ray' which, if the book you're reading is enabled, allows you to 'dig deeper' into the story. Such a good feature! I also love the automatic bookmark, the option to highlight text and save quotes in a 'cuttings' file;

When you touch a word with which you are unfamiliar or do not understand the meaning of, the Oxford definition comes up. This has enhanced my reading experience immeasurably;

The screensavers are very nice and enhance the product and my enjoyment of it - they have an artsy feel, which I love;

The thing I love most is this: when you're lying down and reading it is so comfortable. I used to like the idea of relaxing with a good book, but trying to read the words which had been printed too close to the binding, folding back pages and then losing my place, bulkiness, heaviness... all these things and more used to make reading difficult. The Kindle has actually enabled me to love reading again, and I really can relax with a good book now (or 3000 - which is what it holds) while lying down or even in bright sunlight.

I love it, and could probably go on and on about how good I think it is.

I would love to own a Kindle Touch cover by Amazon but they are too expensive, which is a shame, as that would be the 'icing on the cake'. I will have to buy a generic one from eBay instead!

I would wholeheartedly recommend this product - I will never go back to ordinary books after reading from a Kindle. In fact I sold most of them!

5 big, flashing, bold, bright and beautiful stars from me :-DD
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2013 10:57 PM GMT