Profile for Morgana > Reviews

Content by Morgana

Morgana (London, UK)

How to lift depression ...Fast  (The Human Givens Approach)
How to lift depression ...Fast (The Human Givens Approach)
by Joe Griffin
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too convinced by this book, 4 May 2008
At first glance this book seemed very interesting to me. However, I am really quite disappointed by its content. A lot of what the authors present as new approaches to lift depression fast is common sense - get out more, engage in social life, find meaningful activities to get your life back... I know that I should do all these things, but I really cannot motivate myself to do any of that when I am in my black hole. It might be a different story to actually work with one of the human givens therapists. On a different matter, I think they are too evangelical about their dislike of antidepressants and of other approaches to therapy. Not too motivating to be doing a therapy which you thought was moving on well and then be told by the authors that it is all rubbish!
The stuff about sleep patterns and depression was very interesting, and, wanting to learn some more about that, I tried to find published research by Joe Griffin about this (because the authors say that the dream/sleep stuff is built on his research) but could find nothing. That was very disappointing! So, all in all, I was not too happy about this book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2011 1:50 PM BST