Profile for C. Berry-Davies > Reviews

Content by C. Berry-Davies

C. Berry-Davies "eager costumier" (Weston-super-Mare, UK)

Stryker and the Angels of Death (Ebook)
Stryker and the Angels of Death (Ebook)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Sept. 2014
As always Michael grabs your attention as soon as you start reading. A rivetting read.

Seventeenth Century Women's Dress: 2 (Dress Pattern 2)
Seventeenth Century Women's Dress: 2 (Dress Pattern 2)
by Tiramani Jenny

5.0 out of 5 stars A boon for those interested in 17th century clothing, 29 Mar. 2013
It was a long wait for the book to be published but it was well worth the wait. If you are interested in 17th century clothing then this book is for you. It is well researched and well presented and we cannot wait for the next book for Men's clothing.

Purelite 3-in-1 Magnifying Lamp, Plastic - White
Purelite 3-in-1 Magnifying Lamp, Plastic - White

5.0 out of 5 stars A good light, 29 Mar. 2013
I had been recommended this lamp by a friend and it has been a great help to our sewing. I have already told some of our friends about the lamp and they are considering buying one themselves. It is very versatile and provides a good light on whatever you are sewing and would also be a boon to any other crafts.

The Bleeding Land (Bleeding Land Trilogy 1)
The Bleeding Land (Bleeding Land Trilogy 1)
by Giles Kristian

5.0 out of 5 stars Life as it was in the English Civil War, 12 July 2012
Once I had opened the book I had to continue reading it until I had finished, although I did slow down towards the end because I didn't want it to finish. No one can really know the tensions that families must have felt in the Civil War, brother against brother, father against son, but I think that Giles has captured the emotions very well. I cannot wait for the the sequel.

A Royal Passion: The Turbulent Marriage of Charles I and Henrietta Maria
A Royal Passion: The Turbulent Marriage of Charles I and Henrietta Maria
by Dr Katie Whitaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Civil War Story, 6 Jun. 2011
At first I thought that the book was going to be about the romance between King Charles I and Henrietta, but I quickly realised that this was just more than a love story. This book has a superbly written, informative narrative that explains in relatively simple terms why the English Civil War happened and the tragic results. If you are already interested in this stormy period of our history then I heartily recommend this book to you, you won't be disappointed.

The Tudor Housewife
The Tudor Housewife
by Alison Sim

5.0 out of 5 stars Tudor skills, 4 May 2011
This review is from: The Tudor Housewife (Paperback)
This book came to my notice when I was ordering another book from Amazon. When it arrived I was amazed at the amount of information that it contained and my wife found it fascinating reading too. Want to know what housewives did in the Tudor period, then get hold of this little book - you will find it a tremendous resource.

Birth, Marriage, And Death: Ritual, Religion, and the Life-Cycle in Tudor and Stuart England
by David Cressy

5.0 out of 5 stars What you didn't know about the 17th century, 4 May 2011
I first saw this book when I visited the local library and I found it absolutely fascinating. Being a vicar and a re-enactor I learn so much about the period from this book. Don't just take my word for it, read it I'm sure that you will get a lot from it as well.

17th & 18th Century Fashion Detail (Fashion in Detail)
17th & 18th Century Fashion Detail (Fashion in Detail)
by Hart A.

4.0 out of 5 stars 17th Century Fashion on Show, 11 Oct. 2009
Being a re-enactor finding source material is quite hard. Seventeenth and eighteenth Century Fashion in Detail is a superb resource for any costume maker to have. The photographs are very clear and colourful and the book has been an inspiration to us as we research our costumes, I unreservedly recommend it to fellow re-enactors.