Profile for Book Lover > Reviews

Content by Book Lover

Book Lover "Booklover" (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Sabichi Red Spot Lightweight Shopping Trolley
Sabichi Red Spot Lightweight Shopping Trolley
Offered by Prime Furnishing

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 12 Sep 2014
It's not light at all. Have given to charity as too expensive to return.

Le Veneziane Gluten Free Tagliatelle 250 g (Pack of 4)
Le Veneziane Gluten Free Tagliatelle 250 g (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sep 2014
By far the best gluten free pasta I've tried.

Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 1)
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 22 April 2014
A real page turner. Thoroughly enjoyed this book although by the end I was just slightly confused but perhaps that's the intention.

Super Healthy Snacks and Treats - More than 60 easy recipes for energizing, delicious snacks free from gluten, dairy, sugar and eggs
by Jenna Zoe

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT GLUTEN FREE, 31 Jan 2014
I was about to buy this book when I saw a recipe in a magazine for choc chip cookies. I read thru the ingredients ticking off what was in the larder and then I came across spelt flour. Spelt is wheat, an old fashioned un GM version, but still wheat and still gluten containing. Being gluten free, lactose free and with several other restrictions I sometimes get to the point where I long for some little treats but I need to be sure there are no nasties in there so this book got me really excited but whats the point if I can't enjoy the foods within? Disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2014 1:43 PM BST

Thumbsup! Portable Body Scale
Thumbsup! Portable Body Scale
Offered by insania_es

4.0 out of 5 stars Sadly Accurate, 23 Nov 2013
Teeny tiny scale which suits my minimalist bathroom perfectly. Its not easy to balance on this tiny scale but once you get the hang of it the weight is unpleasantly accurate. I'd five five stars if only it weighed me a stone lighter.

Twin Draught Cold Draft Air Excluder for Doors Windows Dual Guard
Twin Draught Cold Draft Air Excluder for Doors Windows Dual Guard
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit all doors, 23 Nov 2013
Although the blurb indicates universal fitting it didn't fit my door which has a small lip being a garden door. I asked for a refund but was only offered 20%. Be careful if considering buying this item.

7-Day Green Smoothie Kickstart Guide (Health and Wellness Book 1)
7-Day Green Smoothie Kickstart Guide (Health and Wellness Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Yummy but...., 11 Jan 2012
I downloaded this expecting a 7 day smoothie diet, in fact it's a few pages of waffle and 7 recipes. So not very useful for helping me back on the wagon i'm afraid. However i've tried 4 of the 7 recipes and they're all delicious. It's not cheap to make these drinks that's for sure but I'm already feeling perkier so it's a worthwhile investment. I'm glad I invested 77p for the recipes but if you're looking for advice about a detox diet then this isn't it.

Kitchen Craft Cutlery Draining Basket, 20cm x 12cm x 8cm
Kitchen Craft Cutlery Draining Basket, 20cm x 12cm x 8cm

2.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful!, 11 Jan 2012
before you order this item note that the drainer you want to attach it to must be at least 12cm high. If it is shorter then this will not loop over. Even if it does fit then as others have said there is an issue that unless you insert the cutlery very carefully it will poke out of the sides which is untidy and makes it harder to retrieve. If you still want this accessory then my advise would be to get a strip of rubber about 2-3cm high and long enough to fit around the inside of the base. This will stop the cutlery sticking out and still let it drain. But quite honestly if your cutlery to drain then buy a drainer with built in slots, this is just not a great solution.

The Princess Diaries/The Princess Diaries 2 - Royal Engagement [DVD]
The Princess Diaries/The Princess Diaries 2 - Royal Engagement [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anne Hathaway

5.0 out of 5 stars Every girls dream?, 27 Nov 2011
Well not quite perhaps, but I have to admit I am captivated by this fairytale film. I bought it originally for my daughter on video when she was small and we watched it so many times that the tape wore out hence this replacement. Looking forward to the bonus of the second movie which we've not seen before.

Chi Kung for Beginners
Chi Kung for Beginners
Dvd ~ Barry Danser

4.0 out of 5 stars Bad Back Relief at last!, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: Chi Kung for Beginners (DVD)
I've had a problem with my back for years and as I get older it just gets stiffer and hurts more and so I do less and less exercising and so it hurts more and so...... Well, you get the picture. This DVD was recommended to me by someone who had been taught this programme by Barry Danser on a cruise ship. She was so enthusiastic that I thought i'd give it a try but to be honest I didn't expect much.
Day one I watched the programme and did the exercises. I have to say that I wasn't impressed. It didn't hurt except for a few little twinges at the extreme end of my range of motion on one or two of the exercises but then again I wasn't really exercising. Still, having spent the money I thought i'd persevere. So I carried on and did it twice a day. After a week I noticed that my movement was a little better, I could go just a bit further and the aches and pains were just a little less. A week later and even more improvement. So I started doing the exercises in the middle of the day as well.
It's nearly ten weeks now and I can honestly say that my back is better than it's been for years. I can stretch and bend with no problem at all now. As long as I don't skip the morning exercise i'm fine all the time. If i do take a day off then I notice i'm a little stiffer but nothing like i used to be.
i'm not the sort of person who subscribes to touchy feeley stuff so I feel rather silly saying this, but i've noticed that as well as improving my mobility, I also have a lot more energy and i'm sleeping better. Even stranger, my normally manic mind seems to be calmer and i'm getting more done with less effort. I'm forced to admit that maybe there is something to this eastern stuff after all. Who knows, I just know that I feel better and that's worth a lot more than fifteen quid.

Page: 1 | 2