Profile for Retrodj78 > Reviews

Content by Retrodj78

Retrodj78 "And so Dr Beckett stepped in to the quantum leap accelerator and vanished..." (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Star of Africa (Ben Hope, Book 13)
Star of Africa (Ben Hope, Book 13)
by Scott Mariani

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint hearted, 1 Jun. 2016
Epic adventure and for me one of the best ben hope books to date. Very brutal compared to previous stories, but I understand why Scott Mariani has gone down this route and the big bad is definitely one mean guy.. can't wait for the devils Kingdom to find out what happens next.

The Martyr's Curse (Ben Hope, Book 11)
The Martyr's Curse (Ben Hope, Book 11)
by Scott Mariani

4.0 out of 5 stars A Ben-stravaganza, 18 Oct. 2015
One of the best authors I've read. All the Ben Hope series of books are action packed and full of intrigue. The characters are written so well you actually care what happens to them. This is just another thrill ride. Recommended.

AmazonBasics CD / DVD Binder 400 Disc Capacity Nylon Black
AmazonBasics CD / DVD Binder 400 Disc Capacity Nylon Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought to hold my ever expanding CD collection. Haven't ..., 8 Sept. 2015
Bought to hold my ever expanding CD collection. Haven't filled it yet. Lightweight and certainly easier than carrying around a big heavy box full of vinyl.

Trixie Julius-K9 Powerharness, Size 1, L, Chest 66 - 85 cm, Red
Trixie Julius-K9 Powerharness, Size 1, L, Chest 66 - 85 cm, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Keeps my 6 year old cross from ..., 8 Sept. 2015
Great product. Keeps my 6 year old cross from pulling too much. Really sturdy and good in the dark with the reflective strips.

Sony Xperia Z3 Waterproof Case, Pasonomi® [Heavy Duty] Full-body Aluminum Hard Metal Corning Gorilla Glass Dustproof Shockproof Water Resistant Protective Case for Sony Xperia Z3 (Yellow)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my wife's phone. Really heavy and large ..., 8 Sept. 2015
Bought for my wife's phone. Really heavy and large. Not something I would buy for myself, but my wife really likes it and it has saved her phone on a few occasions. She once dropped it down the stairs by accident and the tough exterior kept everything intact.

Avengers Citynight Photo Wall Mural 254 x 184cm
Avengers Citynight Photo Wall Mural 254 x 184cm
Offered by Allwallpapers

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes my boys room look amazing. Not too hard to put up if you ..., 8 Sept. 2015
Makes my boys room look amazing. Not too hard to put up if you take your time.. Only came in 4 parts.

i-Blason Samsung Galaxy S5 Case - Armorbox Dual Layer Hybrid Full-body Protective Case with Front Cover and Built-in Screen Protector / Impact Resistant Bumpers (Blue, Samsung Galaxy S5)
Offered by I-Blason EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 8 Sept. 2015
Keeps my S5 safe and makes it look a bit different from the generic colours. Have had no issues since purchase. Easy to use. Would recommend taking the phone out every so often to clean the plastic protective screen and the various bits of dust etc that can collect here and there.

The Da Vinci Code (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
The Da Vinci Code (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars A safety by numbers film, 13 July 2006
Like most of the world, I read the book first, And found it highly enjoyable. It isn't Dan Browns best book, but it was a good read none-the-less. The book doesn't exactly transfer to the big screen like i'd have hoped it would, and found that as the book was quite descriptive, the film, as a result slowed down a bit. The first hour is fairly hard going, but it does pick up a little as Robert and Audrey fly in to the UK.

The casting i feel was a bit iffy. Hanks should never have been cast as Langdon, and i don't think he quite pulled it off. Reno was the only good casting, in that I saw him as the Fache character staight away when i read the book. Ian McKellan was ok as teabing as was bettany as silas. Both, however i felt weren't the ideal people to play the characters..

Overall, the film was ok, but it's certainly no where near as good as the book. I just hope they do a better job of Angels and Demons.

Braveheart (2 Disc Special Edition) [1995] [DVD]
Braveheart (2 Disc Special Edition) [1995] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mel Gibson
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars freeeedomm!!!!, 6 Jan. 2006
this wont be the best review ever, but everyone must have saw, or heard of this film by now.
this has been my all time favourite film since that night i came out of the cinema in 1995, and nothing has topped it since. Quite simply the best film ever.

Football Manager 2005 (Mac/PC CD)
Football Manager 2005 (Mac/PC CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars SI are playing a blinder, 6 Jan. 2006
Having been a fan of championship manager since i first played it on the amiga all those years ago, ive loved the game ever since. My life changed on that day my mate loaded up champ manager 93, and we proceded to spend the entire school summer holidays trying to win leagues and cups with our teams.
My love for champ manager hasnt changed, and i was a bit sad when i found out SI had parte company with EIDOS. i thought, what now. I didnt have long to wait when SI teamed up with SEGA and released Football manager (at first i thought it was a re-hash of that old kevin tomms, activision game from the late 80s)As part of the deal with EIDOS SI got to keep the huge database they had accuired, whilst EIDOS got to keep the champ manager name. I decided to stick with SI and bought football manager 2005 instead of champ manager 5. I wasnt disappointed. this game is exactly like champ manager, but with bells on. amazingly, realistic and it sapps your life away. I'm now in season 08/09, with Rangers, and have built up a league winning side. If you havent ventured in to the world of virtual football management and are thinking of doing so, then you cant go wrong with, or even the newer version of this game.

Page: 1 | 2