Profile for patricia lavender > Reviews

Content by patricia lavender

patricia lavender

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
LADIES TREK LEATHER UPPER LIGHTWEIGHT FULLY WATERPROOF, WALKING/HIKING/TREKKING WINTER BOOT 4UK Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with my new boots, 24 Dec. 2015
Very pleased with my new boots. They are exactly as described, and although I only received these yesterday, I have already walked a great deal in them. They are extremely comfortable, seem to be water-proof, and fit very well, with plenty of room for my toes. I may be tempted to buy a further pair soon in a different colour.

Dinner At The Homesick Restaurant
Dinner At The Homesick Restaurant
by Anne Tyler

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful, creative writer, 24 Dec. 2015
I am still reading this, but it is superb. I can see all the characters and identify each one from the author's description. What a wonderful, creative writer, absolutely awe-inspiring. Her insight into human types and behavour is so accurate. I love this book and don't want to put it down. I am totally absorbed by the real-life situations, which are both funny and sad at the same time. I can really recommend this book.

Canterbury Blue White Polka Dot Double Reversible Duvet Set
Canterbury Blue White Polka Dot Double Reversible Duvet Set
Offered by Price-Right-Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Dec. 2015
So pretty, and exactly my style. For the price the quality and design is faultless. I love it.

A Spool of Blue Thread
A Spool of Blue Thread
by Anne Tyler

4.0 out of 5 stars Her writing style is just wonderful. How does she manage to make everyday life ..., 24 Dec. 2015
This review is from: A Spool of Blue Thread (Paperback)
Must admit I have only recently discovered Anne Tyler, but I am converted. Her writing style is just wonderful. How does she manage to make everyday life so fascinating?! To my delight she has written a large number of books which I am gradually reading. I enjoyed this book, although so far there are others of which she is the author, that I have preferred. The title describes very well the connection between different generations. My only negative thought is that I occasionally had to look back through the pages to remind myself of certain characters, which could, of course, be my lack of concentration. Otherwise this book is superb.

Stunning Large Shabby Chic Cream Heart Wire Fruit Bowl-Brand New
Stunning Large Shabby Chic Cream Heart Wire Fruit Bowl-Brand New
Offered by Top Star

5.0 out of 5 stars So pretty and well made, 24 Dec. 2015
So pretty and well made. Perhaps a little larger than I would have chosen, but nevertheless it still looks lovely on my kitchen table.

"Roses Grace - cream" - Pack of 20 paper napkins - 33x33cm - 3ply - Floral Decoupage Shabby chic
Offered by Led Lighting Professional Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars and this design is truly beautiful, and works very well, 24 Dec. 2015
I have recently been experimenting with decoupage, and this design is truly beautiful, and works very well. I have a small chest of drawers and the roses give a very shabby chic effect.

Story Of Esther Costello
Story Of Esther Costello
by Nicholas Monsarrat

5.0 out of 5 stars Can truly recommend it., 24 Dec. 2015
I remember reading this book as a teenager, too many years ago to mention! It is a truly haunting story with a strong moral to it. Can truly recommend it.

Coavas High Back Purple Mesh Fabric Chair for Home and Office Ergonomically Office Desk Chairs Lumbar Support with Mesh Fabric Pads (purple)
Offered by CORNER LOVE

5.0 out of 5 stars I have looked for a chair like this one for sometime, 24 Dec. 2015
I have looked for a chair like this one for sometime. Am very satisfied indeed as it is exactly what I wanted. It is extremely good quality and gives good support for my back. I wanted a chair which was small, lightweight and reasonably priced. My only frustration is that because I live in France, delivery of certain items is restricted, hence the purple, which I wouldn't necessarily have chosen. I wish it was possible to buy a small office chair in a nice neutral colour, such as cream or even white. However, the colour has grown on me, and beggars can't be choosers!!

The Dance Goes On: The Life and Art of Elizabeth Twistington Higgins MBE
The Dance Goes On: The Life and Art of Elizabeth Twistington Higgins MBE
by Marc Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars so am very happy. Thank you, 24 Dec. 2015
This book means so much to me as I worked for this lady for a short while when I was at college near to the hospital where she resided. I have tried before to obtain a copy without success, so am very happy. Thank you.

Women's Zip through winter fleece hooded lounger (UK10-12 Small-Medium, Grey)
Women's Zip through winter fleece hooded lounger (UK10-12 Small-Medium, Grey)

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm afraid I returned this as it looked like a sack on me and not at all as ..., 24 Dec. 2015
I'm afraid I returned this as it looked like a sack on me and not at all as stylish in the photo. The quality was fine, but I think because I am a small lady it just didn't suit me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4