ARRAY(0xa5f1d3a8)

Profile for Natty Lee > Reviews

Content by Natty Lee

Natty Lee (England)

The Encyclopedia of Pastel Techniques: A Unique A-Z Directory of Pastel Painting Techniques Plus Guidance on How Best to Use Them
by Judy Martin

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of many different techniques, 24 Jun 2013
I received this book as a birthday gift to help me along in my new love of painting with pastels.
It goes over many and various techniques for pastel work with examples of paintings done in the style being discussed by professional artists, so you get a good idea of how that particular technique can be used in different artistic styles and to creating a finished piece. Plenty of pictures and photos.

I personally feel that this book alone is not enough as it's not so much a 'how to' or 'step by step' as some other books are, but an encyclopedia of pastel techniques as the title suggests! However, I have found it valuable and interesting alongside several other pastel books in helping me learn and understand this art medium more thoroughly.
Definately worth buying if you want to understand more of what you can achieve with the various pastels (oil,soft,pencil) out there.

The Fast Diet Recipe Book: 150 Delicious, Calorie-controlled Meals to Make Your Fasting Days Easy
by Mimi Spencer
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely recipes not just for fast dieters!, 24 Jun 2013
I'm always on the look out for new, nutritious and interesting recipes. I bought this book for me and my mum (mum IS doing the fast diet) and have found it very good.
Well presented, well sized book full of many different recipes for all meals aswell as meat, seafood and vegetarian options.
I have very much been enjoying the omelette recipes.

The Everything Coconut Diet Cookbook: "The Delicious and Natural Way to: Lose Weight Fast, Boost Energy, Improve Digestion, Reduce Inflammation, and Get Healthy for Life" (Everything S.)
by Anji Sandage
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars coconutty everything..., 24 Jun 2013
When trying to find various different ways of incorporating coconut oil, meat, milk, water and flour into mine and my family's diet, I came across this wonderful book!
Jam-packed full of lots of ideas, tips and recipes for all meals and snacks of the day.
Definately glad I bought this book.

Song of the Irish Whistle
Song of the Irish Whistle
Price: 11.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Irish whistle music, 24 Jun 2013
I bought this cd solely on hearing the track 'Lord Mayo', which is an absolutely wonderful song and is beautifully done on this cd.
I enjoyed this album's other tracks too and will definately be looking out more of Joanie Madden's music in the future.
I love the cd artwork aswell :-)

Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Green
Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Green
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweetone in D, 24 Jun 2013
I bought this whistle specifically because I've seen it mentioned in other reviews that it not only has a lovely tone but is quieter than other whistles. I was looking for a whistle more suited to indoor playing and due to having M.E (a symptom of which is noise sensitivity) a whistle quieter than the D whistles I had tried previously, which due to how loud they are, find difficult to play for very long!

This sweetone whistle definately has a nice sound, is comfortable to hold and is quieter than other whistles. It's not though, I've discovered, as quiet as the Clarke original D whistle, which I ordered at the same time and has a gentler and less piercing sound, which makes it better for my sensitivity. However, that point is made due to the fact I wanted this whistle for specific reasons not because I don't like the Sweetone!

This Sweetone whistle is very nice and a welcome addition to my whistle collection.

Brass Bb Generation Whistle
Brass Bb Generation Whistle
Price: 6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful tone, 24 Jun 2013
I bought this whistle as I was looking for a deeper sound than the several D whistles I own.
The whistle arrived quickly and as soon as I started playing it I got chills - an amazing whistle!
I have never tried a Generation before and specifically chose this 'brass' whistle rather than the nickel hoping for a nice mellow sound. Well, this whistle has the most lovely mellow sound.

I'm aware from reviews that some either love or dislike Generation whistles and that quality control can be a problem. The Bb brass whistle I received however is of excellent quality with a wonderful tone and is a pleasure to play!
I LOVE it!

TOTALLY TIKI LANTERN GARLAND BANNER
TOTALLY TIKI LANTERN GARLAND BANNER
Offered by Partyrama
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Summery, 24 Jun 2013
I bought this lantern garland to put up to brighten my room for the Summer Solstice.
It arrived quickly from the seller and for the very reasonable price am delighted by the excellent quality! The lantern garland looks amazing when up and is very bright and vibrant, esp good for any summer or tropical theme. Very happy I bought this :-)