Profile for Frances > Reviews

FitBit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Burgundy
FitBit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Burgundy
Price: 67.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 8 Feb 2014
This is exactly what I was looking for. It's tiny, hardly ever needs charging (I've had it over a month and only needed to charge it twice, not including the initial setup) and syncs with everything. I have nothing to compare it with for accuracy, but I have watched it count my steps as a test through the phone app and it seemed pretty spot on. I clip it onto the side of my bra in the morning and can't even notice it there. I've found myself walking further than I need to and taking stairs more often because I want to beat my records and hit my goals. It also syncs very neatly with MyFitnessPal. Highly recommended.

How the Immune System Works: Includes Free Desktop Edition (The How it Works Series)
by Lauren M. Sompayrac
Price: 24.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 Dec 2013
This book is all that's kept me going through immunology. Highly recommend - it's so easy to read and understand, but doesn't skimp on the details. One of the only textbooks I could actually read from cover to cover!

Histology: A Text and Atlas: With Correlated Cell and Molecular Biology (International Edition)
by Michael H. Ross
Price: 32.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent textbook., 22 Feb 2013
This is my most used textbook at the moment. It's concise and informative with plenty of pictures and diagrams. There are more than enough slides to get to grips with what the text is describing, and I like that the information covers function as well so that everything is put within a context.