Profile for Mark Crossland > Reviews

Whitechapel - Series 4 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Rupert Penry-Jones
Price: 12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great series, if a little different., 10 Oct 2013
I've watched Whitechapel since it started and as others have said been hooked and got the dvds after tv airing had finished. I love crime drama, thrillers and mystery, with Whitechapel up there with the best of them in my view.

This series 4 has probably been the most dark, it's been a little different from other series in terms of a shift away from the more nailed on copies from history, to modern day engineered more twisted and gruesome crimes. It's a very good series and if you have watched the other series and liked them, you should like this.

I think there is more for Whitechapel to achieve and hope more is to come in future.

My one gripe though, I've thought this from start really, but especially from series 3, I'd rather they go with one off 2 hour episodes instead of parts, where initial tv airing is concerned. I've never liked parts with any tv really, especially when a whole week is between episodes. For me that would enhance the whitechapel tv experience, it would help floating watchers to follow and get into a series more I reckon too. 8-10pm - one episode. Obviously no issues like that with DVD, so my advice is buy it and enjoy the scare.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 11:51 AM BST