Profile for CamillaLondon > Reviews

Rug Gripper Self Adhesive Reusable JML Ruggies Pack Of 8 Floors Home
Rug Gripper Self Adhesive Reusable JML Ruggies Pack Of 8 Floors Home
Offered by okanagan

5.0 out of 5 stars Work perfectly on ceramic tiles and laminate, 26 Jun. 2015
These are a fantastic invention. We have had them under a rug in our hallway for well over an inch and it hasn't budged at all. Just put them down under a new rug that our greyhounds sit on and it's holding firm even with them turning round and round and pushing themselves back up to standing. Not sure why others are having problems, maybe their floors are more highly polished than mine? I think they are great and am about to order more.

The Innovators: How a Group of Inventors, Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution

5.0 out of 5 stars Required reading, 15 May 2015
I discovered this book when an excerpt was published in an inflight magazine. The first thing I did on landing was download it and I'm so glad I did.

This is a fascinating book and contains multitudes. It's not just about computers and the digital realm, it's about the importance of collaboration, logic, forming and combining disparate interests, models of society and sheer hard work. It's also brilliantly well written.

I will be carrying many of the ideas in this book with me for a very long time and it has already changed the way I think about how I am at work and caused me to fill up my Kindle with all sorts of other books.

I have found this absolutely inspirational and can't think of a higher recommendation than that.

Beurer Monogram Tranquility Fully Fitted Fleecy Double Size Heated Underblanket and Mattress Cover with Dual Controllers
Offered by LOWEST PRICE DOMESTIC APPLIANCES

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good well packed very pleased, 24 Sept. 2014
Bought this for my sister who said it was well packed and a very good blanket.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars Sadly beautiful, 20 Aug. 2013
What a beautifully written, wise and well-observed book. Melancholy in places but ultimately life-affirming, it's the story of Harold Fry, who walks from Devon to Scotland to save his friend Queenie who is dying of cancer. Along the way he reconciles himself with his past and reconnects with long-buried parts of himself. It's a beautiful character study, so beautiful I couldn't put it down. Highly recommended.

The Night Before Christmas
The Night Before Christmas

2.0 out of 5 stars Festive nonsense, 29 Dec. 2012
I almost gave up on this it's such nonsense. Starring one of those heroines who's irresistible to all men despite behaving quite unspeakably - apparently this makes her complicated - and a cast of friends who will put up with almost anything it seems, it lacks any sense of reality. It does have a festive feel but I can't help but wish the author had put a bit more effort into everything else about it.

MediaDevil Apple iPad Mini 1, 2 & 3 (2012, 2013, 2014) Screen Protector: Magicscreen Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) Edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

4.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector, 29 Dec. 2012
This is a great screen protector, works well and fits well. As other reviews have mentioned there were sweets included in the package which is a nice touch and gives you confidence in their attitude to customer service. Theonly reason I knocked a mark off is it could have done with another microfibres cloth. I've only had the ipad mini - in a case - for a couple of days but cleaning the screen was a challenge as I found that because the cloth was quite small by the end it was putting grease and dust back on to the screen. I got there in the end though, but you might want to have another handy. You definitely need patience to do a good job but I'm very pleased with the end result - works great and doesn't affect the screen quality in any way I notice. I also prefer the feel and it definitely solves the problem of fingerprints everywhere, which I can't stand. Overall a very good product that I would recommend to anyone with the patience to make the most of it.

Kodak PlayFull ZE1 Full HD 1080P, Image Stabilisation with Built-in USB Arm - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camcorder, 18 Jun. 2012
This is a brilliant little gadget. I've used it for talking heads interviews and action shots and it performs really well. Voice pickup is sharp and clear, the functions are intuitive (fortunate as the manual is really basic) and the image is sharp until you zoom in, when the digital noise gives it a slightly retro feel.

The editing software that comes with it is also basic but fairly intuitive. My main criticisms would be naff transitions (aren't they always?) and that if you can have anything other than a block colour for your intro, I can't work out how.

But all in all I'm delighted with this.

Davina - The Box Set : The Power Of 3 / My Three 30 Minute Workouts [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall
Offered by Magic Movies Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Bounce bounce bounce, 26 Aug. 2011
I prefer circuit style videos to aerobics and I don't like dance music. This DVD therefore doesn't really tick my boxes. Davina is as gurny and patronising as she ever is and we don't exactly share the same taste in music (though I can confirm she's right that music you like helps you work out). But the real irritation is the number of times the moves change while the camera is in close up so you need to watch it a good few times to not lose your place. If you're like me and you prefer someone who makes you keep going, the Biggest Loser DVDs are better. I've never worked as hard as to the 30 Day Shred.