Profile for Mrs Woo > Reviews

Content by Mrs Woo

Mrs Woo "Mrs Woo" (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Disney Princess Doll Dressing (Disney Doll Dressing)
Disney Princess Doll Dressing (Disney Doll Dressing)
by Disney

5.0 out of 5 stars Love paper dolls, 1 July 2014
We loved this. Perfect stocking filler or for birthday gift to a classmate. My four year old loved dressing the paper dolls, although they ended up being scattered around the house (as do most of her toys). Played with them again aged five. When I was a child in the 70s I adored paper dolls, so I had a lot of fun dressing these with my daughter, and she loved me spending time with her and not with toddler brother!

Aladdin and the King of Thieves [DVD]
Aladdin and the King of Thieves [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tad Stones
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 and a half year old Aladdin fan loved it, 1 May 2014
Our daughter had the first Aladdin film for xmas and she adored it - Jasmine quickly became her favourite princess of the moment. At Easter I bought this for her, deciding to skip the middle sequel 'Jafar' film after reading poor reviews (eg Genie not Robin Williams). So watching this third film, the last in the three, was highly enjoyable for our daughter and there is no feeling that we have missed something by skipping the second, other than the fact the Genie was released from the lamp in film 1, clearly must have been made a Genie again in the 2nd film, as he is back in the third film as a Genie wearing the gold bands of imprisonment (which my daughter spotted, I wouldn't even have noticed!). Both mum and dad watched it with her and we actually really enjoyed it - action packed adventures in the far east with perils reminiscent of Indiana Jones, and a similar paternal-revealing plot from Star Wars. All good stuff. Nice to return to old friends, and so glad the voices of the characters are the same, otherwise that would have been just wrong. The graphics are cheaper though, songs are just ok, not the standard as the first film obviously but I did find myself humming one round the house, so not all unmemorable. Glad I bought it for a big Aladdin fan.

Polly and the Wolf Again
Polly and the Wolf Again
by Catherine Storr
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 May 2014
Why oh why didn't I know of this book as I child in the 70s???? My daughter was given this to read in Year one at Infant school (2014). She shares the same name as the heroine so it was especially special to her. A love of the book ensued and we read this over and over for about two months. (We have the first one too). I bet it fell out of popularity in schools in the 70s, 80s, 90s as its rather a scary theme, a wolf who tries over and over to catch a little girl called Polly. Polly always out-betters him. I wish I had her cleverness and wit! Cracking good stuff. A family heirloom methinks.

Size 11.5 Petasil Girl's Claret Leather Formal Shoes
Size 11.5 Petasil Girl's Claret Leather Formal Shoes
Offered by FYFO
Price: 40.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy, traditional style, soft leather - fabulous, 16 Jan 2014
I wouldn't buy any other school shoes for my daughter. She is now five and I've bought Petasil shoes (their lovely pastel coloured ones or black school shoes) for her since she was two. The leather is soft, the rubber sole 'soft' but hard wearing, the style is traditional and classy and every time I watch her run out of school I think her shoes look far nicer and more original than any other childs (call me bias!!). But really, I'm not a fan of Clark's dull range of school shoes. Velcro fastening too for ease. Easy to clean, despite the decorative pattern. Wear well too.

Princess Disney Drawstring Bag Swimming PE Toy Clothes
Princess Disney Drawstring Bag Swimming PE Toy Clothes

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother buying this, 16 Jan 2014
Ok, so let me say that you 'get what you pay for' - but spending 2.95 on the bag plus postage, the total is five quid I could have saved myself. This bag is a horrid, cheap, meshy material and very flimsy feel - the sort of freebie bag you get given at the library or Surestart. The printed artwork is printed wonky on one side too so that the princesses look like they've applied their lipstick in the dark and missed. I ordered this 'swim bag' for my Disney princess obsessed five year old and was actually embarrassed giving it to her, to put in her kit for her first swimming lesson at school. At 35 long, I can barely put in her folded towel, costume, cap and goggles. I have no idea if its waterproof but doesn't look it at all. Off to the shops now to buy her a proper waterproof kit bag which will last her years. I will use this bag just as a shoe bag instead.

Haribo Freaky Fish (150g bag)
Haribo Freaky Fish (150g bag)
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u
Price: 2.06

5.0 out of 5 stars great fish, 3 Oct 2013
Bought these for my daughter's mermaid themed birthday party. Only a few came broken in the post so I was really relieved. I thought they'd quite hard to chew but nicely soft-ish.

Jellycat Silly Sausage Dog
Jellycat Silly Sausage Dog

5.0 out of 5 stars hot dog!, 3 Oct 2013
A great soft toy! I got this for a present for my ten year old niece who asked of Jellycat's silly sausage dog "did they get the idea from a bath mat?" !! Wouldn't mind one myself!

Disney Princess T7307 Ariel and Sisters Mini Doll 3 Pack - Ariel, Alana and Arista
Offered by MedClub
Price: 26.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for mermaid lovers, 9 Sep 2013
Love these! I ordered these for my daughters 5th birthday as she is going through an Ariel/mermaids obsession (comes to us all). I am usually pretty cynical when it comes to paying out for Disney branded toys, but I have to say even though I paid just over 13 for these, my daughter absolutely loves them so were worth every penny. Yes, they are small, but I don't know why some people expect a huge toy for their money. These are pocket sized and as such, are taken everywhere - mainly tucked in my daughter's pockets, or in her bags, backpacks, dollies carrycots etc. I know that if I was her age, I would have adored them too. Just one thing, the box says that if you immerse the mermaids in icy water, their bikini tops change colour. Well, my daughter insists on turning on the cold water tap to put cold water in her nice warm bath just to try this, but the effects aren't brilliant. Either that, or our cold water isn't icy enough. I think it would have been better if they turned colour in warm water (eg bath water) like most toys do (eg Octonauts). Oh, one more good thing, these are great and just the right size for putting on top of birthday cakes with an under-the-sea theme!

Disney Princess Disney Favourite Moment Rapunzel Celebration
Disney Princess Disney Favourite Moment Rapunzel Celebration
Offered by scificollectorshop
Price: 9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely cute and MEANT to be small!!!, 15 July 2013
I bought this little doll for a classmate's birthday and my daughter fell in love when she saw it so much that a kind Auntie is now buying one for my daughter's birthday too. As the other positive reviewer mentioned, this doll is meant to be small. Why do people think nearly ten pounds should buy them an enormous doll??? The dolly is so lovely and small, and very importantly pocket-sized, with long hair to brush, and for young girls, they LOVE small dollies to carry around in their purses (I did too when I was their age 30+ years ago). Shame you can't get the other Disney princess dollies too in this range, but then the clip-on dress princesses you can get are very lovely too, and the same size, and my daughter is currently obsessed with them too.

5ft Instant Pop-Up Paddling Pool
5ft Instant Pop-Up Paddling Pool
Offered by twistedreflection
Price: 12.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 15 July 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
The bottom of this developed a rip by use no. 3, and only a 12 month old baby had used it on a grassy surface. (Yes, tried mending with gaffer tape but doesn't work!). The sides are flimsy, bendy and awful and never ever will they resemble how it does in the picture. I'm so annoyed with this, particularly now the heatwaves here and we have no paddling pool now. Don't buy this.

Page: 1 | 2