Profile for Mrs. E. H. Cooper > Reviews

Content by Mrs. E. H. Cooper

Mrs. E. H. Cooper (Wales)

Then & Now - The Very Best Of Petula Clark
Then & Now - The Very Best Of Petula Clark
Price: 8.18

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 21 Sep 2013
I love Pet Clark's voice and she's been featured a bit on the media lately and thought I should get something with her hits on and this pretty much covers that. There were some tracks that I wasn't really interested in but for the price it was good.

Tank Full Of Blues
Tank Full Of Blues
Price: 8.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not his best., 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tank Full Of Blues (Audio CD)
It's a good album but in comparison to 'Son of Skip James' and 'Bronx in Blue', it's not AS good.

Bronx In Blue
Bronx In Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Bronx In Blue (Audio CD)
I've had Dion's 'Son of Skip James' for some years and has been one of my favourite CDs in my collection and finally looked up some new ones. This album is just as good, played it to death!

15-Minute Spanish: Speak Spanish in just 15 minutes a day (Eyewitness Travel 15-Minute)
by Heather Couper

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic Spanish language book, 21 Sep 2013
I carried out a conversational Spanish course for one year only to get the basics and a friend had lent me this book and found it very good as it covered a lot of what I had done at the class and was certainly easier to transport than my file! I returned the book to my friend and bought my own. The only drawback was that in many parts of Catalonya where we spent our holiday, menus were written in Catalan only!

Catalonia and the Spanish Pyrenees (Drive Around)
Catalonia and the Spanish Pyrenees (Drive Around)
by Tony Kelly

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrongly represented, 21 Sep 2013
I had the 2011 version of this book from my local library and thought it was a great book and decided to buy it for my recent holiday to Catalonya and the Pyranees so was delighted to see that there was a book advertised on your site for a 'more recently published' version and ordered it immediately. When it arrived it turned out to be two years older than the one I already had from the library. I did submit a complaint regarding this with the hope that I could return it for a refund but heard nothing. I renewed my loan from the library and took that one with me on holiday. The unsuitable book is still in its packaging.

Son Of Skip James
Son Of Skip James
Price: 9.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Under rated!, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Son Of Skip James (Audio CD)
Quite simply, this is probably my all time favourite album. I sometimes forget about it and then it comes up on my MP3 player and I melt and then I play the whole album and it's almost like the first time all over again. Such a great feel good album. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Customer service improved, 24 Sep 2012
My original order took longer than expected to arrive and when it did arrive, it was badly damaged due to poor packaging. However, eCell replaced it promptly and the replacement arrived at what is probably their usual standard of customer service. The packaging hadn't improved and I advise that they invest in better protective packaging to save a repeat problem. The end of this is that I now have a fun phone cover and let's face it, it's not life or death!