Profile for Joyce Horsman > Reviews

Content by Joyce Horsman

Joyce Horsman "Joyceee H" (Dunfermline, Scotland)

Fretboard Mastery [With CD]
Fretboard Mastery [With CD]
by Troy Stetina
Edition: Sheet music

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for advanced guitarists, 11 Dec. 2010
This book is a fresh look at the application of some advanced concepts - just what i was looking for. There is a heck of a lot of info in this book for the price and it's a perfect size for any music stand! THis book presents a different way of approaching some things I already knew which has given a new lease of life to my playing. well written and presented. haven't listened to the CD but that's because the book is really good and has given me plenty to be going on with. would definitely recommend for intermediate/advanced guitarists who are stuck in a rut with their playing or who want to try applying things they may already know in different ways. a very good buy and a very reasonable price.

I See...Xmas
I See...Xmas
by Mary-Claire Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars This follow-up ain't no disappointment......., 10 Oct. 2008
This review is from: I See...Xmas (Paperback)
Being the sibling of 'I see.........Modern Britain', 'I see....xmas' has a lot to live up to. But it completely fulfills the expectation.....and more! A concentrated look at a particular aspect of our society, this accompaniment is another delight to behold. Containing images that capture the madness of the modern festive season in a nutshell, you gotta get this one too. The humour is, once again, raw, but completely accurate. The authors have a real talent for spotting the cliches in our everyday lives and sharing them with us all in this little gem of a book. 'I see.....Modern Britain' was clearly not a fluke but an example of the sheer genius behind this original concept. 'I see........xmas' does it again - brilliantly. Guaranteed to cheer you up.

I See...Modern Britain
I See...Modern Britain
by Norman Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty and original. A must-have item for any bookshelf!, 10 Oct. 2008
This review is from: I See...Modern Britain (Paperback)
'I see......Modern Britain' is a compact, witty and original book. Raw and topical, it captures how many of us see modern Britain but never dare to say. The laugh-out-loud moments are endless and the fun factor is top-notch. Put it in your pocket and off you go. The concept brings me back to my childhood playing 'I spy' in the car but, with an adult, cynical slant, it's a stroke of genius. A must-have for anyone living in the real world in 2008! Alongside, it's sibling, 'I see.....Xmas', the picture is complete. 'More, more, more!' is all I can say. And at under a tenner for both books, it's a real steal. Go buy it.....now!