Profile for J. Dare > Reviews

Content by J. Dare

J. Dare "Busy mum of four!!" (England, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
When Love Is a Lie: Narcissistic Partners & the Pathological Relationship Agenda

1.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive, Unmemorable and Borrring!!, 2 May 2015
I haven't enjoyed this at all, infact it's the only book I've ever not managed to finish, I got two thirds of the way through before I gave up though. It's very repetitive and it's based solely on the authors experience in her one relationship, she goes on a lot about the 'silent treatment' that the narcissis gave her throughout their relationship as if that's what they do, it isn't necessarily. I also found the use of bad language throughout the book to be unnecessary and I'm no Mother Theresa. I hadn't realised before I purchased this book that she's not qualified in this field, just this one relationship. Maybe I had high expectations as I've just finished reading 'The Sociopath Next Door' by Martha Stout which was such a great read that I kept having to re-read bits. I don't usually write reviews unless I love or hate the book, as in the case of this one. But I know I rely on reviews when I buy a book so I hope this helps.

BlockLauncher Pro
BlockLauncher Pro

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT WORK, 24 Nov. 2014
This review is from: BlockLauncher Pro (App)
My son bought this to get mods for minecraft for his kindle but I keeps not letting him on it turns on then
off if there is an update I will get it

i-Blason Apple iPhone 5C Leather Book Folio Wallet Case 4G LTE AT&T / Verizon / Sprint CDMA GSM Version - Pink
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Real leather, quality case, 27 Jan. 2014
A really lovely phone case for my 5C. It's real leather and a really good quality . It isn't hot pink as in the picture though, it's more baby pink, actually much nicer than the picture.
I've just ordered another one

Original Invero®Branded Amazon Kindle UK 3 Pin Mains / Wall Charger Cable Lead with Charging LED (Kindle, Kindle Touch, Touch 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD / 3G, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 3 / 3G, Kindle Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display)
Offered by technoplay ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Not such a bargain afterall!!, 4 Jan. 2013
I was so annoyed that a charger didn't come with the HD Fire Kindle that I refused to pay the £18.00 that Amazon wanted for one, its only a charger after all!
Well, this alternative arrived yesterday and I immediately felt that when I inserted it into the Kindle that it was an awkward fit, it did however charge it, and a lot quicker than through the computer.
I went to charge it for the second time this morning and it snapped immediately, I cannot believe it's been binned already.
What I will say though, if like me, you begrudge paying out on this additional charger, I didn't know until today, when a friend told me, that if you have an HTC phone charger or, apparently, a Blackberry phone charger that this does entirely the same thing.
I tried it with my daughter's HTC charger this afternoon and it works, superfast charging!
Save your money!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2013 4:32 PM GMT

Aveeno Intense Therapy Body Wash 400 ml
Aveeno Intense Therapy Body Wash 400 ml
Offered by Beauty Suppliers

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 13 May 2011
My young son of seven suffers with terrible eczema flare ups, turned to this product again, as I did with my daughter, ten years ago, when this product was almost unheard of. It worked wonders then and does the same now. Emulsiderm and Oilatum just did not do the job for my kids but this is great, especially combined with the body lotion, which is fantastic, in place of Diprobase and Doublebase that was prescribed by the doctor too. Smells great too which is unusal for a product such as this.

Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion 300 ml
Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion 300 ml
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!, 13 May 2011
My young son of seven suffers with terrible eczema flare ups, turned to this product again, as I did with my daughter, ten years ago, when this product was almost unheard of. It worked wonders then and does the same now. Diprobase and Doublebase just did not do the job for my kids but this is great, especially combined with the body wash, in place of Emulsiderm and Oilatum that was prescribed by the doctor and didnt help one bit.

HP 300 - Black Ink Cartridge (CC640EE)
HP 300 - Black Ink Cartridge (CC640EE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and delivery!, 13 May 2011
Perfect product, exactly the same as one you'ed pay over £15 in the shops for and the delivery cannot be faulted, arrived within two days of ordering!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable & effective trainer ever!, 23 Mar. 2011
I dont often review items but I felt I had to with these as, if like me, had been interested to know what others had felt of these trainers but couldn't find any reviews.
I hadnt been working out, in any sense, for well over 18 months as I had had a baby and just couldn't get motivated. I loved the look of these on tv and convinced myself maybe I'd start exercising again if I had a pair, just the excuse I needed.
I was unsure having read about them if you could work out at the gym in these and do classes, zumba, as all the info about them states 'perfect for walking'.
They are the most comfortable trainer I have ever worn and i've tried all the high end brands, ie adidas, nike, reebok etc. They fit a little on the snug size, i am always a UK 3 but had to exchange for a UK 3.5, so, if in between sizes, I'd size up!
I wore them around the house for the day before I wore them to the gym as you do move differently in them and i didn't want to attempt the treadmil until i was used to moving about properly in them.
Over the last week i've been running in them, dance classes and working out in the gym and they are great, you really do feel as though you are doing that bit more.
Oh, and, better still, i've lost half a stone in ten days and ive never shifted it that fast before.
I'd recommend them to anyone and they look great in black!

Skechers Women's Kinetix Response Sneaker
Skechers Women's Kinetix Response Sneaker
Price: £87.96 - £110.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable and effective trainer ever!!, 23 Mar. 2011
I'd recommend them to anyone and they look great in black!

Wonderworld Wooden Rainbow Sound Blocks
Wonderworld Wooden Rainbow Sound Blocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but a great toy!, 14 Feb. 2011
I brought these over six months ago and when they were selling on offer for £17 so, although they are considerably more, I would still buy them. I brought this toy for my son at the age of 6 months and, although unable to understand the concept at this age, he loved chewing on them or throwing them around the room but, now, at the age of 12 months, he plays with them properly, and always returns to this toy to play with again once i have put them all back together again, thats typical though ah! would definately recommend!

Page: 1 | 2