Profile for J. Turley > Reviews

Tom Cruise Life Size Cardboard Cutout Real Stand Up, Free UK delivery
Tom Cruise Life Size Cardboard Cutout Real Stand Up, Free UK delivery
Offered by Celebrity-Cutouts

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit expensive for such a small item., 8 Feb. 2016
I wanted a bigger version but sadly there isn't one. How disappointing.

Winter Tales: Stories To Warm Your Heart
Winter Tales: Stories To Warm Your Heart

4.0 out of 5 stars A Charitable Romance, 1 Dec. 2014
A bumper collection of short stories which will appeal to all lovers of romantic fiction. There should be a story to suit everyone's tastes - I particularly enjoyed the stories which strayed from the norm and kept me guessing until the end. Well done, The Write Romantics and Guests for supporting the Teenage Cancer and The Cystic FIbrosis Trusts.

Kipling Unisex-Adult New Becky Laptop Bag K12754613 Port Red
Kipling Unisex-Adult New Becky Laptop Bag K12754613 Port Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 24 Oct. 2014
I have a number of Kipling bags. They are one of the most stylish and durable bag manufacturers on the market. This is my most recent one and I am very happy with it. There's plenty of room for a 15 inch laptop but I can also squeeze in a 17". Lots of space for all my other crap too which is a BIG plus.

ResultSport EVA Foam Roller - Blue - 15x90cm (6"x36") - A3 Exercise Poster
ResultSport EVA Foam Roller - Blue - 15x90cm (6"x36") - A3 Exercise Poster

5.0 out of 5 stars A first class product, 24 Oct. 2014
I bought one of these on the advice of my son's sports physiotherapist. Subsequently, my son's flexibility has improved enormously in a very short time. As a performance tennis player he was already fit and agile. However, being very tall he had always had difficult touching his toes - now he can not only touch his toes but clasp the underside of his foot. His all-round flexibility has significantly improved. I cannot recommend this product highly enough.

A French Darcy
A French Darcy

4.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected pleasure, 24 Oct. 2014
This review is from: A French Darcy (Kindle Edition)
I read this book out of sheer nosiness after I discovered Kay Dixon is a pseudonym for Keith Dixon, author of the Sam Dyke series. I was pleasantly surprised at Mr Dixon's ability to try his hand at another genre. The novel isn't isn't anywhere as racy as the cover suggests (I've mixed feelings about that!) but I enjoyed the read. I also liked the fact the heroine had a bit more gumption than usual and that there was even some underlying social commentary about life in France. It held my interest more than I expected. Kudos to Mr Dixon for going into the unknown!

Groundwork
Groundwork

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle, clever and compelling, 24 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Groundwork (Kindle Edition)
This is an astonishingly good debut novel - it's subtle, clever and compelling. This author has really worked at his craft and this book is crafted; the voice of the narrator, a teenage Anglo/Irish boy called Gerry, is totally convincing. Set against the backdrop of the economic recession and strained Anglo/Irish relations of the early 1990s, the novel relates Gerry's journey as he follows in his late father's footsteps as a labourer for an Irish construction company based In London. In the employ of Sweeney, Gerry discovers the truth about his father's unfortunate death, his employer and his aggressive Uncle Sylvie and his missing wife. Groundwork is not, however, a simple whodunit - it is a literary coming-of-age novel about personal and national identity. And a really good one. I was hooked from beginning to end.

The Cannibals of Madison County
The Cannibals of Madison County

4.0 out of 5 stars An Appetising Short Story, 8 Feb. 2014
I really enjoyed this short story. It's well written, has a few giggles in it and left me feeling hungry for more. A tasty little number!

Philips GC7619/20 PerfectCare Pure Steam Generator Iron - OptimalTemp No Fabric Burns Technology, 200 g Pressurised Steam Boost

5.0 out of 5 stars My marriage is saved - no more burns, 5 Feb. 2014
I hate ironing but I have to say my life has improved since I bought this iron. I haven't burnt anything and my husband hasn't locked me in the cellar for burning his shirts. Well done Philips. If you can just invented an automatic toilet brush I'll be a very happy woman.

New - DeskCycle premium quality low profile design mini exercise bike for an invigorating work-workout, turn your office chair into a fitness work station. Smooth, whisper quiet magnetic resistance ideal for office, home or commercial use. Get fit whilst improving your health and productivity, easily fits under a desk or table.
Offered by L.A. Gym

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of the bunch, 5 Feb. 2014
This is the third cycle of this type that I've had and by far the best. The other two (around the £40.00 mark) didn't last long at all. (Only a couple of months in one instance.) If you're serious about peddling your way to fitness and are going to use one of these regularly then you need this type which has magnetic resistance - not a screw method which just wears out.

My only criticism is that I don't really think any of these bikes truly fit under a desk. This is definitely more compact (height wise) than my previous two bikes but unless you have a desk that is height adjustable or has no back to it you will still need to sit so far away from your desk as to make work impossible. Well not unless you have very long arms. If you have short arms and need glasses like me you'll probably be better off in front of the telly. Works for me!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2014 4:49 PM BST

War Horse [DVD] [2011]
War Horse [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Irvine

5.0 out of 5 stars I ashamed to say it - but I blubbed., 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: War Horse [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Darn it, I cried during this film. And that's not because it was bad but because it was great. It's poignant, terribly sad and has all that sentimental stuff about the futility and stupidity of the first world war that makes you reach for the hankies. It is also heart-warming and uplifting. Michael Morpugo is a such a great writer - if you've not read Private Peaceful then you should do. He may be a children's writer but some of his work is equally readable by adults too. Richard Curtis was part of duo that adapted the screenplay, the film stars Benedict Cumberbatch and there's some very emotional scenes and dare I say it - some very talented horses:) What more could you ask for? All in all, a guaranteed winner. Get your hankies out and be prepared to cry.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3