Profile for Duncan Walling > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Godforsaken
Godforsaken

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 22 Dec 2014
This review is from: Godforsaken (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic book! I stumbled across this after a recommendation by a friend and I am so glad I did. It is a real page turner, brilliantly written and though it is very hard hitting in places it is a great story.
The detail of war is incredible and you feel completely captivated. I would recommend this book to anyone - I normally read Patterson and the like and enjoyed this just as much. It certainly makes you think about the immense sacrifices and suffering in World War II but don't be put off by this - this is firstly and foremost a great story.

Fartleks & Flatulence
Fartleks & Flatulence

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventures!, 12 Nov 2014
Great stories of his races and adventures which is what I love. If you like hearing about ultra marathons then this is the book for you.

Rocwood Loggers Safety Saw Horse
Rocwood Loggers Safety Saw Horse
Offered by yategm

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Oct 2014
Excellent customer service. Was as described and appears solid.

Vibram Fivefingers Mens EL - X Low-Top 13M0101 Black 9.5 UK, 44 EU
Vibram Fivefingers Mens EL - X Low-Top 13M0101 Black 9.5 UK, 44 EU
Offered by Millet Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service and I love the shoes, 22 Oct 2014
Arrived promptly as described. I love these shoes! I had held off Vibrams after using other minimal footwear but they don't compare to these. I had been running barefoot but it was getting sooooo cold recently thought better get something. These are great and really feel close to barefoot. I suspect these will be all I buy for running shoes from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 23 May 2014
This review is from: 824 (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this. Nice narrative of his running history and well written. If you like running books this is worth reading.

Never Wipe Your Ass with a Squirrel: A trail running, ultramarathon, and wilderness survival guide for weird folks

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent how to that otherwise you would just learn from mistakes, 21 April 2014
Great book and really goes into useful details that otherwise the only way to learn is by mistakes. I really enjoyed it and would thoroughly recommend it for any trail runners.

Nomansland
Nomansland

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Nomansland (MP3 Download)
I live in the village of Nomansland and know "Whirlwind D" well so perhaps I am biased but I really enjoyed this album. It is certainly more mainstream than some of his previous material, which appeals I think. The songs are well written and have some great messages - about time someone stuck up for teachers, doctors, nurse etc. Give it a listen!

What the Most Successful People Do on the Weekend
What the Most Successful People Do on the Weekend

5.0 out of 5 stars Succinct and different and thought provoking, 12 Jan 2014
Really good book. Not very long (probably just over an hour's read) which actually is fine. The message is simple and yet she tells it well with different relevant examples to make you think. I have no doubt that this book will have improved my future weekends and how I look at them.

Silva Trail Runner Plus Running Headtorch - Green/Black
Silva Trail Runner Plus Running Headtorch - Green/Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and bright, 4 Nov 2013
Good headlight with nice vision. Perhaps could be a tad brighter but I can run with it in the forest at night (albeit slightly tentatively).
Comfortable to carry and run with and I am pleased with it.

Master Getting Things Done the David Allen Way with Evernote: Your 7-Day GTD Immediate Action Plan [2013 Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 13 Oct 2013
Good brief overview of the GTD method of organisation and then how to use Evernote to achieve it. It is brief as it should be and I can't wait to start using the methods described tomorrow.

Page: 1 | 2