Profile for K. Dance > Reviews

Content by K. Dance

K. Dance "Cheddington Book Club" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rich: The Life of Richard Burton Ebook (Coronet Books)
Rich: The Life of Richard Burton Ebook (Coronet Books)
Price: 4.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 15 Aug 2014
Fascinating rags to riches story of Richard Burton. Takes you through an epic journey of his life, including four wives (five marriages). Loved it.

The Bottle Factory Outing
The Bottle Factory Outing
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read, 17 Sep 2013
I read this on holiday as it was recommended by a friend. So glad I did. Really enjoyed everything about this book. I read it in two sittings, compulsive reading.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 17 Sep 2013
I knew this book was written by J K Rowling before I read it. I can only say that this book could be half the size as JK keeps repeating everything more than once. This got so annoying and tedious. If I wasn't reading this on holiday I would have given up but persevered hoping it would get better as I had the time. I even worked out who done it near the beginning of the book. I can only imagine it is getting good reviews from J K fans.

My Name Is...
My Name Is...
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars compulsive read, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: My Name Is... (Kindle Edition)
Read this book after seeing Alastair Campbell being interviewed on t.v. The book sounded perfect to be one of our book club reads. This book does not disappoint. It draws you in with all the different characters relating their story about Hannah, the teenage alcoholic. I could not put this book down, definitely the best book I have read in a long time.

Megan's Game
Megan's Game
by Tony Drury
Price: 7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Megan's Game (Paperback)
Very disappointing. did not enjoy this book.
Started quite well but did not grip me. I would not recommend this book.

Wife 22
Wife 22
by Melanie Gideon

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, 12 Aug 2012
This review is from: Wife 22 (Paperback)
What a let down. I was looking forward to reading this after all the positive reviews. Sorry to report that I thought this book was tedious and boring!!!

Playtime
Playtime
by Kim Corum
Price: 9.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Playtime (Paperback)
I read this book as I havn't read anything like this since I was a teenager. I have to say I was very surprised that I enjoyed it so much. I am choosing this as our next Book Club read (to give my friends a treat).

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying Read, 18 Feb 2012
I have to say this book was so annoying as it repeated things again and again. I got the point but it was drummed into the reader. This is why I only gave it 3 stars. I was also waiting for the twist at the end, but there was none. It is also a bit too far fetched which also annoyed me. A lot of people rate this book higher but I just didn't get it.

When God was a Rabbit
When God was a Rabbit
by Sarah Winman
Price: 8.09

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 19 Jan 2012
This review is from: When God was a Rabbit (Paperback)
This was my recent book club selection and must say was not sure at first. I am so glad as it is not something I would normally read. I really enjoyed it as it was an easy read with a good story.

Brighton Rock
Brighton Rock
by Graham Greene
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Brighton Rock, 8 Jun 2011
This review is from: Brighton Rock (Paperback)
I read this for my book club and really enjoyed it. It is not the easiest book to read, I found it a bit hard going at times but well worth the effort.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3