Profile for scribbler > Reviews

scribbler "scribbler" (UK)

The Last Time I Saw You
The Last Time I Saw You

5.0 out of 5 stars Friends and frenemies, 21 Dec. 2012
Things are going badly with your beloved--you break up. That new employee isn't working out--you fire them. At work and in romance there are prescirbed endings--ways out or ways to make it better. What happens when things go wrong--as wrong as they can possibly go--with your very best friend?

This book asks that question and seeks answers in uncomfortable territory. This is not a tit-for-tat she-said-he-said situation, it's not bickering over one too many glasses of Chablis. This story involves infatuation, betrayal and death. We follow two women and watch the people around them sucked into their intense highs and lows. It's complex and exciting even darkly thrillerish at points--a departure for this writer and one she tackles with style and skill.

Luxury
Luxury
by Jessica Ruston

5.0 out of 5 stars Every page a delicious luxury, 30 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Luxury (Hardcover)
True bon vivants know that real luxury is something you enjoy everyday. This book cannot be savoured. turn one page and you are hooked and forced to devour the lot! It is a real bonkbuster but not 80s--the character, places and stle are very now. I took it on holiday and the book was like a minibreak within a holiday. I can't wait for the next one!

Mud and the City: Dos and Don'ts for Townies in the Country
Mud and the City: Dos and Don'ts for Townies in the Country
by Jessica Fellowes

5.0 out of 5 stars giving it some welly!, 1 Oct. 2008
jessica fellowes manages to make me pleasantly envious of her town life and her country life! I want to flit from cocktail party to country pile. Should I attain such a glam lifestyle her book will guide me from town to country helping me avoid hideous gaffes. I now know the difference between stray and hay AND I have acquired some fine wellies (not to be worn in Shoreditch). A funny, useful book for anyone townie after a bit of country life.

High Jinx
High Jinx
by Sara Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars High heels, high spirits and low morals, 30 Oct. 2007
This review is from: High Jinx (Paperback)
God do I love these girls: Jinx, Liberty and the whole slutty, lipsticked lot of them. And what an ogre she's given us in old whiskery Gunn! A joy--an unashamed romp! And for Brightonians, like myself, it's an homage to our seeedy Sodom-on-Sea.

Angels' Waltz
Angels' Waltz
Offered by FastMedia "Ships From USA"

5.0 out of 5 stars sublime, 16 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Angels' Waltz (Audio CD)
This extraordinary woman emanates calm and order. Her energy and attitude are inspiring. Her music reflects this--listen to it and feel it. This is sacred music--suitble even for everyday, profane, pastimes--like reading.

The Big Bang: Nerve's Guide to the Sexual Universe
The Big Bang: Nerve's Guide to the Sexual Universe
by Emma Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars trick towel, 27 April 2004
Not a book you'd want your mum to see. But a book you'd want her to knowyou'd seen. Just so she could feel sufficiently parental and concerned. These girls are the stadium rockstars of sex. The Kiss of cuddling (andmore). Do their book. You know you want to.