Profile for AMC > Reviews

Personalised Red Claw Beer Bottle Opener Keyring, by RMI U-15 Laser
Personalised Red Claw Beer Bottle Opener Keyring, by RMI U-15 Laser
Offered by KB Merchandise Solutions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 4 Jan. 2014
Its exactly as it says; a bottle opener with your choice of engraving on it. No problems with the service and the bottle opener works great too!

The Book of Dave: A Revelation of the Recent Past and the Distant Future
The Book of Dave: A Revelation of the Recent Past and the Distant Future
by Will Self

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, average read, 4 Jan. 2014
Will Self doesn't come across as someone who's company I would enjoy, but I thought I'd give this book a try as the synopsis sounded really interesting. Without getting into any specifics, a book written by a deadbeat London cabbie (Dave) has given birth to a rather dystopian England whose inhabitants worship Dave as their God. Due to the content of what Dave wrote, the new English society is dysfunctional mess consisting of generally confused individuals living unpalatable lives. Throw into this some mythical pig / human beasts and you have this novel.

The idea of a future society based on the ramblings of a profligate appealed to me, but ultimately I wasn't overwhelmed with this book and was pretty relieved to get to the end.

D&G The One Eau de Toilette for Men - 100 ml
D&G The One Eau de Toilette for Men - 100 ml
Offered by Classic Parfums

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great price!, 4 Jan. 2014
I've had this eau de toilette before so the product wasn't any surprise to me. Its a really good price for the volume, came quickly too.

cellePhone PolarCell battery Li-Ion for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic / 5230 / C3-00 / N900 / X6 8GB 16GB 32GB / Asha 200 201 ( replaced BL-5J )
Offered by cellePhone

1.0 out of 5 stars Same as nokia battery, 4 Jan. 2014
Its not really worth paying the extra for this battery as it lasts exactly the same as the original nokia BL-5J.

Unisex Stylish Contrast Stripe Pattern Canvas Webbing Waistbelt
Unisex Stylish Contrast Stripe Pattern Canvas Webbing Waistbelt
Offered by sourcingmap

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with this, 4 Jan. 2014
This is a quality belt for a really good price. The double-D type buckle is easy to use and makes a nice change from standard belt buckles.

Teen Dream
Teen Dream

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Teen Dream (Audio CD)
I was really looking forward to listening to this album having heard positive things about this band. The reality is this CD is so dreary and bland that I feel embarrassed to have it in my collection. Apart from the desperately flaccid music, the lead vocals are pretty irritating and are certainly not a pleasure to listen to. Admittedly, I haven't given the lyrics much attention so can't comment on these, but even if they were amazingly good I would still recommend buying something else to listen to (pretty much anything other than this album).

Gulag Orkestar / Lon Gisland EP
Gulag Orkestar / Lon Gisland EP

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 30 April 2013
This is a truly fantastic album. There is not a single moment throughout that feels out of place or disappoints. My personal favourite tracks are 'The Gulag Orkestar', 'Postcards from Italy', 'Rhineland' and 'The canals of our city'. The EP also contains the magnificent 'Elephant Gun' and a version of 'Scenic world' that just about eclipses the main album version.

Highly recommend!

Heaven
Heaven
Offered by zoverstocks

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Audio CD)
`You and me' is one of my favourite albums ever, and was a great recovery from `A hundred miles off'. `Lisbon' was another great album and so I had so much expectation for `Heaven' and really hoped it would be another classic. The reality is that this release was a huge disappointment, and I'm really struggling to understand why it has been received so well. I have given this album many plays in the hope it would be a grower but it hasn't and the more I listen to it the more convinced I am that it's a massive step-back for the band.

There are several tracks on here that are incredibly underwhelming, but this album is best summed up by the last two tracks that are so lightweight and underwhelming that its hard to comprehend what the Walkmen were trying to achieve.

Ted Baker Men's Ogin3 Slip On Shoe
Ted Baker Men's Ogin3 Slip On Shoe

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and comfortable, 31 Dec. 2011
I highly recommend these shoes. They are a quality product that look good and feel good too. The only negative is that the back of the shoe tends to wear quite quickly as the heel is low.

To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition
To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition
by Harper Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, 25 Nov. 2011
To put this review into context, I am a person that has to see things through to completion, even if it's a benign film or tedious read. I am also an avid reader, especially of modern fiction. The truth is I found this book so dull and uninspiring that I couldn't finish it, and in actuality, I lost interest around 2/3 through (and this is despite giving it my best effort to like the book). I really don't understand why people reserve so much praise for something that is so unremarkable that the only explanation is that people claim to revere it to avoid derision.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2012 8:59 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2