Profile for Happy and Smiling > Reviews

Content by Happy and Smiling
Top Reviewer Ranking: 845

Happy and Smiling "I love books and audio books. Mainly mainstream fiction - something that will really grab my attention and keep me riveted." (London, England)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Monument MONMP1600 MP1600 Toilet Plunger
Monument MONMP1600 MP1600 Toilet Plunger
Offered by Dealsdirect247
Price: 11.92

5.0 out of 5 stars monument toilet plunger. worked first time. fantastic product, 29 Jan 2013
Our toilet had been blocked for a week. I bought an auger which I repeatedly tried to unblock the toilet with several times a day during this time, to no avail. I came across the monument toilet plunger on amazon and at my wits end I ordered it. At first attempt with the monument toilet plunger the blockage cleared instantly. Took 1 second. Amazing result. I have no idea if I got a seal but I dont think it needs a seal to work. Very powerful, and bigger than you might think from the picture. Did the trick brilliantly.

Furby Plush (Pink / Purple)
Furby Plush (Pink / Purple)
Offered by ToyTyme
Price: 59.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Eats batteries. Daughter Loves it. Everyone else hates it., 27 Dec 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Furby (Toy)
My 7 year old daughter and my 7 year old niece each got one for christmas and each had brand new extra durable duracell batteries installed in them. Each furby died within 5 minutes of each other exactly 48 hours later, whilst the girls were playing with them. At 1 a battery this toy will cost 12 a week to run. The problem is chiefly that it has no off button, so Furby will be awake (and demanding attention) as long as the sun is up and there is any sound in the room. It is light and sound sensitive. Furby is excessively noisy,and I particularly dislike that it farts loudly and burps loudly - what values is this meant to teach our children? It screams and wails when it's unhappy, and has 'evil' moods when the eyes turn evil and your child has to spend ages trying to make it happy again by feeding it and letting it listen to loud music - Furby only likes music REALLY LOUD. The evil eyes are enough to make me not like Furby, as it reminds me off all the horror movies in the eighties where nasty toys come to life. We have two previous versions of Furby, also much loved by my daughter, and I prefer both the previous versions to this one. The only positive thing I have to say is that my daughter loves it.

I resent that they cost $54 or less in America (33) and 60 here in England. If you have any friends or relatives heading for the states for a holiday, you would be better off getting them to pick one up over there instead of buying it in England. They are exactly the same.

HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer
HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer
Offered by Printerland
Price: 89.47

1.0 out of 5 stars unreliable - generates print queues and refuses to print, 4 Dec 2012
Update 8.1.13. We have had this printer for 4 weeks and mostly it works brilliantly - daily usage and high reliance on it. However, today we started having the same problem we had when we first got it. All the documents get stuck in a theoretical print queue, and the machine is refusing to print. This is incredibly frustrating and any attempt to clear the print queue via the pc is ignored by the printer. I have spent a solid hour trying everything to get it to print a letter and it refuses. I would give it 5 start on performance when it works, but it has lost all my trust with its refusal to print and blocking all prints in a non printing print queue that I would strongly urge everyone to avoid it. Software issues that need to be resolved by HP.

-------
A year on and I truly HATE this printer. It refuses to print at the most inopportune of times - the print queue gets blocked frequently and hte only way to cure it is to shut down printer and power down your pc, then leave both switched off for a considerable time, and pray that the print queue clears. despite frequent phone calls to HP helpline, they can not offer any better solution than this.

If it thinks the colour ink cartridges are out, then it wont try to print - it will simply give you a message that you have to replace the ink cartridges EVEN if you are only trying to print in black. The ink cartrdiges in my previous HP would easily provide plenty of more prints despite the printer thinking they were empty. Here the printer will NOT even try to print if it thinks they are empty. You printer will block ALL prints no matter what colour if ANY single cartridge is deemed by it to be empty. If you have work to produce and need to wait 3 days for a cartridge delivery, tough luck! The printer will NOT print until that supposedly empty cartridge is replaced no matter how much you plead, scream, cry, bang your head or tear your hair out!! WHY!!! The black cartridge is full, you only want black print, but NO. The magenta is out, the whole printer goes on strike.

I HATE THIS PRINTER SO MUCH!!! WILL NEVER BUY HP AGAIN!!! TOO MUCH RELIANCE ON the printer making the decisions for the person,a nd you can not override it!! HATE IT . WORST MOST ANNOYING PRINTER EVER! There is a reason it is cheap. Avoid at all cost. Rubbish. Which is where it is now heading.

Vimrod - Insults
Vimrod - Insults
by Lisa Swerling

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, and not rude, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Vimrod - Insults (Hardcover)
This is a fun short little easily read book of insults that are not particularly rude, just very witty. Perfect for children over the age of 7 and adults, and cute funny illustrations to go along with each page. My children and I get a giggle from this each time it re-appears from under a pile of books somewhere, and well worth the money as a result.

French Vocabulary (Sparkcharts) (Sparknotes Sparkcharts)
French Vocabulary (Sparkcharts) (Sparknotes Sparkcharts)
by Sparknotes Editors

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent & comprehensive, clearly laid out and differentiated, 5 Nov 2012
This is a laminated 6 page chart in very clear sections covering every element of French vocabulary you could ever want. I bought it whilst on holiday in the states, and have gone on line to try and buy further sparkcharts in other languages too, and to see which other topics they cover. Only found one error on there (they have written le MANGER instead of la NOURRITURE) as the heading for food, but everything else is superb.

My secondary school daughter has taken it to school and marks whichever topic they are covering that week on it by using a dry wipe pen.She particularly likes that the English and French are in different colours.

Staedtler 120-2 Noris Pencils HB (Box of 12)
Staedtler 120-2 Noris Pencils HB (Box of 12)
Price: 3.14

5.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 16 Oct 2012
Buying multipacks is worthwhile if you have school age children. These are high quality pencils, and I have given up buying the cheaper own brand supermarket variety as they never seem to be easy to sharpen : the lead breaks repeatedly or the wood splinters with cheaper pencils. With staedtler pencils you get what you pay for, and my children have nicer, neater writing as a result. The lead never breaks, the wood never splinters, and the lead is high quality resulting in sharper writing. Arrived well packaged from amazon, all pencils intact and unbroken (which was my only concern about postal delivery. Fear unfounded.)

Altec Lansing inMotion Classic III Portable Dock for iPods/iPhones - Black/Silver
Offered by Emax
Price: 45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound. Ok battery life, 16 Oct 2012
Good sound. Good portability. The only thing that would make these speakers even better would be to have built in FM radio, like the previous model did. The docking station is also slightly tight if you have a skin on your itouch, but it is possible to squeeze it on there without removing the protective cover.

Fiskars Needlework Scissors
Fiskars Needlework Scissors
Price: 8.42

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite scissors, 16 Oct 2012
Quick delivery. Well packaged. The real Fiskars. These scissors are in my opionion the sharpest available and great for sewing and all sorts of precision cutting.

Barbie: The Princess and the Popstar [DVD]
Barbie: The Princess and the Popstar [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zeke Norton
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars another brilliant barbie movie, 16 Oct 2012
Princess and Pop Star is yet another great Barbie movie. We have all the Barbie movies, and despite my children getting older (11 and 7) they both still enjoy every movie. I am delighted that they like these movies, as they are always good for teaching morals and values in a non preachy fashion. The characters are always happy and well behaved, without the movie being boring. There are always catchy songs and happy endings. What more could you ask for? Better than all the Disney TV series & movies they all also like, as there is no pressure within these Barbie movies to grow up. They are fantasy and great in allowing kids to stay kids a little longer, and to use their imagination to believe and dream.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2012 7:01 PM BST

Mr Majeika on the Internet
Mr Majeika on the Internet
by Humphrey Carpenter
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, 16 Oct 2012
My 7 year old loves the Mr Majeika books. They are all good. There is enough differentiation between each book in subject matter to keep the interest up, even though the baddy is always the same.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15