Profile for Eoin > Reviews

Painting With Words & Music [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Joni Mitchell
Price: 5.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and joyous, 7 May 2011
As stated in the earlier review, this is the later Joni voice, the illnesses and the cigs have deepened the voice, but she is still a wonderful singer. It's great to see one of my favourite songwriters singing some of my most-loved songs, and she seems to be having great fun. The versions of the songs from Hejira has me in goosebumps, her quick impersonation of His Bobness had me laughing out loud. She was blatantly having a ball on Why do Fools Fall in Love, and I found the joy infectious.
Top class band behind her as you'd expect, I found the whole DVD a pleasure to watch.

The Last Waltz
The Last Waltz
Offered by HURRICANE RECORDS BERLIN_1
Price: 50.98

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets!, 11 Jun 2005
This review is from: The Last Waltz (Audio CD)
I have loved this concert since I first got the vinyl triple album around 1982, it introduced me to Joni Mitchell and Muddy Waters among others. I normally prefer vinyl to CD, but here the new songs make the remastering well worth getting the new version. For example Joni Mitchell's Furry Sings the Blues is a masterpiece. Most of the great American 60s/70s singer-songwriters, Dylan, Young, Mitchell and many others are here, singing great songs beautifully, if you like this style of music, it really doesn't get any better. And if you don't like this style, this set might change your mind!