Profile for Ripley > Reviews

Content by Ripley

Ripley

Membrane - Purple Wallet Case for HTC Desire 500 - Flip Phone Cover + 2 Screen Protectors
Offered by Membrane Store
Price: 3.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great if you want to take photos, 30 Mar 2014
I would have given this product five stars as it fits my HTC desire 500 perfectly.
There is no chance of my phone falling out of it and the screen is well protected.
Unfortunately the camera lens is slightly obscured by the gap for it in the case, leaving a pinky purple hazy circle around all my photos. As I use my camera a lot it is awkward trying to prize the phone out of the case everytime I want to take a picture due to the fact that the case fits the phone so snugly.
It's a shame as this is a really good case.

The How Of Happiness: A Practical Guide to Getting The Life You Want
The How Of Happiness: A Practical Guide to Getting The Life You Want
by Sonja Lyubomirsky
Price: 9.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward and informative., 3 Nov 2011
I am not usually a reader of self help books because I dont think anyone can truly know what another person is going through. I get the impression that they are widely generalizing and pidgeon-holeing peoples issues from their writing desks.
This book, however, is actually a work of scientific findings that you can acknowledge and decide what that means to you, or not.
It is not a lovely fluffy floaty explanation of why you feel unhappy, it tells you what you can do about it in an infomal manner that makes it sound realistic that you can reach a happier state of mind.
It speaks of the many different types of unhappiness and gives a variety of options to follow to leave behind negativity. You can choose any number of the options to follow or start with one and increase the strategies as you feel happier.
You dont have to follow any strategy you do not want to try, so there is no feeling of failure that you couldnt even manage to follow apparently simple baby steps.
I would recommend this book to anyone who has never bought a self help book.It may surprise you!