ARRAY(0xb2feb570)

Profile for Mr. A. Moore > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Moore

Mr. A. Moore "The Moore Family" (Redditch UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
American Pie
American Pie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 April 2013
This review is from: American Pie (MP3 Download)
Some great music from a great artist. A classic that I will listen to over and over again. Terrific. Fantastic

UKayed ® Over Ear Headphones - Dynamic Sound - Bass - Extra Comfort - (Black Red Trim)

1.0 out of 5 stars Speaker not working, 12 April 2013
These look really good, in fact my son though they were beats!
Unfortunately the left speaker had massive volume, while the right barely gave any sound.
I played them overnight but found this did not make any improvement.
By adjusting the balance on my laptop to left 50%, right 100% the balance was just about OK.
Delivery was very fast and it was well packaged.
Returning for refund (only option), which is a shame because the sound from the left speaker was fantastic.

Greatest Hits - Live / For The Memories
Greatest Hits - Live / For The Memories

4.0 out of 5 stars Different., 1 April 2013
Not had a Don McLean album before but admired his work for years so I thought it was about time. I chose not to go for a greatest hits and saw this live album and thought I'd get a feel for his gigs so bought this.

Its different and grows on you. First listen I wasn't sure but repeated listens has made me appreciate his take on some well known songs from other artists. Yes there are his big hits like Starry Starry Night and American Pie, but the others are well worth a listen and you will, I'm sure become to like if not love this album from a master singer.

Convoy
Convoy
by B.W.L. Norton

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia returns, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Convoy (Paperback)
I introduced my son to the film and the song then remembered reading this novel at about the age he is now so I simply had to find a copy.
Very simple and easy to read, its a modern take on the good old western with American Truckers as the cowboys and the Police as the Sheriff and his posse trying to capture them.
But who are the good guys and who are the bad guys? At first the Police are seen as the bad guys with the sheriff, Lyle Wallace entrapping the truckers and taking a bribe to stave off the fine and the insurance rise this would create. But the truckers are just as bad as they "play" with the police to get their own back. A bar room brawl ensues in a road side café and the convoy begins with the truckers trying to get across the border and the police trying to stop them.
A good read for taking on holiday no matter what age you are and my son (age 11) loved it. Not bad for something that started life as a comedy song!

Matchstalk Men & Matchstalk Cats & Dogs
Matchstalk Men & Matchstalk Cats & Dogs

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 April 2013
OK so some might think this is a bit cheesy for today's tastes, my 14 year old daughter certainly thinks so after hearing it last night on a BBC4 program about top of the pops, but I say NO!
I love the work of Lowry, his simplistic style with easy apparently simple brush strokes and this song enables me to picture his work when not in front of me.
A simple song, folksy in style like the paintings themselves, it tells a simplified version of the way Lowry's work was received and what it became. Its the UK version, if you like, of the Bob Dylan song Starry Starry Night, about Van Gough, different in execution, a bit more up beet and utterly brilliant.
The line where "the fever came and the good Lord mopped his brow" always brings a lump to my throat and a tear to the eye.
Glad I found it again after all these years, just need to look at some of the paintings now... I feel a trip to the art galleries coming on.

Anker® Golden Laptop AC Adapter Charger for Acer Aspire 5750 5733 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5051 5052 5101 5102 5110 5310 5315 5332 5334 5335 5336 5338 5410 5500 5510 5512 5513 5520 5530 5532 5535 5536 5540 5541 5542 5551 5552 5553 5560 5570 5580 5600 5610 5612 5625 5633 5650 5670 5680 5715 5720 5730 5732 5733z 5734 5735 5736 5738 5740 5741 5742 5745 5810 5920 5930; Acer ICONIA TAB W500 W500p; fits SADP-65KB D Power Supply with UK Mains Cable [19V 3.42A 65W 18-month Warranty]

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than others, 16 Dec 2012
Had a cheaper replace and it got very hot. This stays a lot cooler, in fact cooler than the original, feels very high quality and does everything it's supposed to do. It is lower cost than an official acer branded one and more expensive than some but worth the extra compared to other compatible ones.
If you need a replacement this is the one you need to get. I would certainly get this brand again for other laptop's when needed.

Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig

1.0 out of 5 stars Just not Bond, 3 Nov 2012
Having now send it at the cinema this is based on this viewing and not a disc.
Dreary is the first word that comes to mind. The opening is exciting enough but that's where it ends. No Bond girls all the way through, the action scenes are action less, plot so slow the aging Bond could have kept up with the zimmer frame he is almost sure to need in the next film and exotic locations were almost none existent.
My watch was looked at very regularly and didn't seem to move very fast, but it moved faster than the plot.
Who lived, who died? Who cares. 2 1/2 hours of my life wasted.

Anker® 2 x 1900mAh Li-ion Batteries for HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, Sensation 4G, EVO 3D, Amaze 4G [February 2013 updated version with USB charger] + 1 x Travel Charger

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good, 10 Aug 2012
With a poor battery supplied by HTC I needed more battery life and this charger with 2 higher capacity batteries for this price was not to be sniffed at.
Delivery was good and with one battery in my phone and one in the charger both batteries were quickly charged..
Extra time was certainly what I got. I am a light user and found that one battery would last 2 to 3 days, more than my 1 day with the supplied phone.
I keep one battery charged at all times and charge with the cable to the phone for the other one, changing batteries only when I. Need to.

After about 4 months, one battery stopped charging fully (about 50%) capacity. I contacted Laptop material via amazon and they could not have been more helpful. It appears about 1 in 100 can develop this problem and with a couple of emails checking which battery I have (a photo helps) another battery was quickly received. This service is exemplary and I cannot recommend this company more highly.

The 4 stars are because of the problem, otherwise it would have been 5 stars. For the service: 5 out of 5.

Mosquito FB.VI: Airframe, Systems and RAF Wartime Usage (Aviation Guide - No Model Content)
by Dave Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Aug 2012
And amazing book about an incredible aircraft. Well researched with info on all marks and some great photos. I got this for my build of the Airfix 1/24 mossie and it is certainly proving very useful for extra details and getting things right. As said in a previous review there is nothing model related ; I didn't expect or want this. What I wanted, and what this book provides is a fascinating insight into the mossie. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in the wooden wonder.

Modelling the De Havilland Mosquito (Osprey Modelling)
Modelling the De Havilland Mosquito (Osprey Modelling)
by Roy Sutherland

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but..., 10 Aug 2012
A very informative book with comparisons of different kits at different scales. There are lots of photographs of details and whole models but, and this is a big but, the how to's are all based on a limited range of Tamiya model kits.
This is still an informative book which most model makers will find useful if making a mossie, I would like to see a revision based upon the Airfix 1/24 kit.
Good customisations with self made parts from a wide range of materials and several after market kits.
Custom paint jobs are covered and a superb version with damage from enemy action and catching fire based on a real incident. I learned something new about the manufacture and materials of the real thing and I thought I knew a lot about the wooden wonder.
Worth getting to get ideas for improving your own models no matter what scale and manufacturer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15