Profile for ActingLover > Reviews

Instant Inflatable Gay Best Friend Perfect Gay Best Friend In A Box
Instant Inflatable Gay Best Friend Perfect Gay Best Friend In A Box
Offered by Bear & Bear Gifts

1.0 out of 5 stars Ew, 30 Jun 2014
This is very offensive towards gay people. Stereotyping at it's finest. I'm gay and I was shocked to see this was actually a product.

Respect for Acting
Respect for Acting
by David Hyde Pierce

5.0 out of 5 stars My Acting Bible, 20 Oct 2012
This review is from: Respect for Acting (Hardcover)
Just... inspiring. Hagen is revolutionary in terms of providing the actor with detailed, effective methods on how to bring truth to a character and the play. Her anecdotes are highlights of this gifted book and supplies an explanation to certain aspects that maybe perceived as confusing. However, the basis of her technique just frees me, personally, as an actor and I am still in development. It seems so obvious now but she teaches you that the best actors are finely tuned with their senses 27/4 and they observe their reactions, feelings and emotions and what the do in that state in order to bring life to the stage. She states also in her DVD "If I go to the theatre and I can see the acting - I already don't like it". It is such a shame that in 2004 we lost such a great actress and this book just preserves her spirit and enthusiasm for the craft of acting. There is no choice if you are an actor - you MUST get it. 1 million stars ;)

How to Stop Acting (Performance Books)
How to Stop Acting (Performance Books)
by Harold Guskin

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrogant, misleading trash - not worth the trade-in price!, 26 April 2012
At first, in my last review, I was naive and had only just bought it. After I had read it, I hated the very core of it. Every single word beams arrogance and his "method" of reading the lines as if they were just thought (to sum it up in a nutshell) is pointless, emotionless and boring. He only stopped using Stanislavsky's System acting because evidently he was no good at it. I thoroughly recommend Uta Hagen's books instead as they have the most perfect insight to acting as a craft. This book is almost as dumb as Mamet's "True and False". "Respect for Acting" and "A Challenge for the Actor" are the best books if you want a REAL opinion on what acting is. -1 million stars.