Profile for scgc > Reviews

Content by scgc

scgc

Internal Communications: A Manual for Practitioners (PR In Practice)
Internal Communications: A Manual for Practitioners (PR In Practice)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for IC beginners or anyone looking to hone their skills, 12 Aug. 2014
Clear and informative, this IC manual gives you a comprehensive overview of why IC counts and how it makes a real business difference - and of course it explains how you can make that happen. Read it from cover to cover or use the excellent contents pages to hone in on the skills you need to work on. It's full of practical advice, backed up with theory and citations, all delivered in a knowledgeable yet easy to read style. Worth keeping on your desk.

Buggy Buddies: Busy Home
Buggy Buddies: Busy Home
by Joy Gosney
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely little buggy book, 4 Dec. 2011
Greta book - amazing how they fit so many things for a little one to do in such a small space! My 2 and a half year old loves it.

Jewelco London 9 Carat Yellow Gold Elegant 1.5pts Diamond-Set Initial Pendant - Initial M
Offered by Jewelco London

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - exactly what I was looking for, 1 Aug. 2011
Very pretty little pendant - the diamonds are actually prettier than I expected, even though of course very tiny. Very swift delivery. What more can I say?

Welded Bliss Sterling 925 Silver Filigree Jug Ewer Charm Opening to show Water Carrier. Aquarius. WBC1100
Offered by Welded Bliss

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 24 Mar. 2011
Very pretty charm, my 13 year old daughter loves it. The opening mechanisms works, but seems fragile - time will tell. Also, hard to make out that the figurine inside is Aquarius, but never mind - its owner is thrilled.

3rd & Bird - Bird's the Word! [DVD]
3rd & Bird - Bird's the Word! [DVD]
Offered by PressPlay

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute birds, dreadful stories, 15 Oct. 2010
Once again, my 20 month old daughter loves this - colourful, cute, nice music etc.
But I can't stand the stories - totally clichéd and sugar sweet.
Oh well, I bought it for her, not me, I suppose!

My First ABC Play Book
My First ABC Play Book
by DK
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic alphabet book!, 15 Oct. 2010
I love this book and so does my 20 month old daughter. The pictures and cut-outs are wonderful - very varied, sometimes surprising, sometimes familiar.
I think this is a book that will last her in different ways until she's much older -if it stands up to the wear and tear.

Welcome to Big Barn Farm [DVD]
Welcome to Big Barn Farm [DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute for kiddies, but soon bores mum!, 15 Oct. 2010
My 20 month old daughter loves these talking animals - and they are very cute. Definitely one to let them watch while you're busy though - the cuteness wears off on me very fast!

The Oxford Dictionary of Slang (Oxford Quick Reference)
The Oxford Dictionary of Slang (Oxford Quick Reference)
by John Ayto

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit confusing, 9 Sept. 2010
Useful, but not very easy to find your way around - simple alphabetical like most dictionaries would have been better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2011 7:13 PM GMT

The Boat That Rocked
The Boat That Rocked
Offered by the_record_factory

4.0 out of 5 stars It rocks!, 9 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Boat That Rocked (Audio CD)
Fab, but a shame that a couple of the good tracks from the film (eg. So long Marianne) are missing.