Profile for Roger Morgan > Reviews

Content by Roger Morgan

Roger Morgan (co.cork Ireland)

Faithfull Bulb Planter with Steel Long Handled
Faithfull Bulb Planter with Steel Long Handled

5.0 out of 5 stars Planted over 2000 daffodils successfully with this planter, 12 Jan 2013
I can only say what a surprise to see such negative reviews. Let me start with the reasons to buy this particular planter.
Firstly this product is built like a Japanese battleship,just look at it's weight (2.5 kg) compared to it's rivals.Don't buy this if you are weak or frail as you have to lift the tool each time to take the plug out and yes you will burn those calories.
My bulb planting was all done in lawn with thick turf ,lots of stones and obstructions and not once did I think this tool would break.(you will be able to hand this tool down I think). It also has a FANTASTIC long T handle at the end which gives real leverage (read less effort) so you don't strain your wrists as much.I would not even try to plant a bulb in lawn with a spade design handle,unless your soil is like sieved compost.It also makes pulling out the plug quite a bit easier as you can use two hands. The planter also has double sided foot rests which are wide enough so as not to cut into your shoes.these are so well built I Could even mount them like a pogo stick and turn the planter round with all my weight(not recommending this approach but just proving how much abuse it can take)
People have complained that the plug is difficult to remove,all I can say is that if the ground is dry you

might struggle,but as Monty Don says "always try to plant bulbs after the ground is soft from a day or two of rain" I thankfully have a strong thumb and found little difficulty.
I would say this planter is not really ideal for small bulbs like crocus or snowdrops and find a long handled weed remover much better suited for making a smaller plug,but for larger bulbs like the common daffodil it's truly up to the task in hand. Thoroughly recommended with the proviso that you can lift something a little heavier than most.

Trees and Shrubs for Fragrance (The woody plant)
Trees and Shrubs for Fragrance (The woody plant)
by Glyn Church

5.0 out of 5 stars finest photos and down to earth writing, 12 Feb 2012
What a great series of books(3).The photography is second to none,and the knowledge and wit from the author really makes reading every page a pleasure.I love scent in my garden, and after reading this book,could not wait to source new and rare treasures un be known to me.One tiny downside of this book for uk customers is the fact that a small number of plants may be a little on the tender side,but this information is clearly given for every plant mentioned.I cannot recommend this book highly enough,and swiftly bought the other two books in the series.This is my favorite gardening book and I have a LOT(some costing a great deal more).Once owned you will find it hard to part with this book.Happy reading.

Shrubs and Climbers (DK Garden Guides)
Shrubs and Climbers (DK Garden Guides)
by Richard Rosenfeld

5.0 out of 5 stars loads of top quality photos, 11 Feb 2012
I have a comprehensive collection of garden books,and find the DK garden guide series of books every bit as good as the top selling "expert" books.Pocket size,printed with high quality images(300+),and packed with easy to digest information.100% recommended.

Ivuna Advanced High Speed 15m (15 meter) HDMI to HDMI Cable with Ethernet 2.0/1.4a Version 1080p 4k2k UHD FULL HD LCD PLASMA & LED TVs AND ALSO SUPPORTS 3D for XBOX ONE SONY PS4 SKY HD VIRGIN BOX DVD Blu-ray Nintendo Wii U
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars Passes the toughest test, 19 Jan 2011
Took the plunge on this 15m cable after reading the reviews.I have a 65" TV and this product can play Avatar(poss the highest bit rate film)in 3D JUST AS WELL as my top of the range 1m Monster Cable version.The connections are nice and tight as well.Was delivered by Fedex. Complete recommendation.