Profile for Bestie > Reviews

Content by Bestie

Bestie

Know Your Onions Web Design: Jet Propel Yourself into the Driving Seat of a Top-Class Web Designer and Hurtle towards Creative Stardom
by Drew de Soto

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, precise, funny, 25 Mar. 2014
Drew de Soto gets better and better. As funny and as clear as his first book, which I really enjoyed and learnt a lot from, especially being very new to the subject. This book also gives a really good overview and covers a huge range of areas without bogging you down with too much detail. Top book.

Know Your Onions: Graphic Design: How to Think Like a Creative, Act Like a Businessman and Design Like a God
by Drew de Soto

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice, great read, great book, 12 Oct. 2013
I'm a damn fine stand-up comedian, not a graphic designer. Drew is a damn fine graphic designer, and it turns out a damn fine comedian. If only you knew the truth.
I had an idea for a book and had used various online sites to try and turn my idea into a reality. They only took me so far. Drew and his book took me further. His insider knowledge on the industry as well as his thorough knowledge of graphic design and running a graphic design business is outstanding and laid out extremely clearly in his book. Plus he made me laugh. Once out loud on the tube. Heads turned to see what funny book I was reading. A book on graphic design? Who would have thought it? The biggest thing is realising the stuff that you see looks good on a page but don't know why. Drew explains it all and how to do it. So, hopefully, my book, because of Drew's, may find its way into the big wide world.