Profile for Laura Livesey > Reviews

Content by Laura Livesey

Laura Livesey (London, UK)

Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It!
by Kris Carr
Price: 18.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling information and life changing results, 23 July 2012
I have tried many different eating programs: low-fat, Atkins, the Zone, vegetarian, etc., all in the quest for a more healthy lifestyle / way of eating than is offered by the standard western diet. This book easily and simply explains in a very accessible way how different foods work in our body to produce different positive (or negative) effects, and how much more in control of our health we have the capacity to be, once we're armed with the knowledge of how the foods we eat impact our health. The tone is conversational, and it's like having a friend guide you through the maze of food information to give you critical information that you can use to change your life starting tomorrow. I found that this book, along with The China Study, gave me a strong feeling of certainty, that I would be foolish to not follow an eating programme similar to this. The evidence available that it can save your life, and/or extend your lifespan, is very clear and compelling.

I have tried many of the recommendations in the book. The recipes are yummy, the food is easy to make, I learned new things about which foods (and superfoods!) need to take priority on my shopping list, and what self-care rituals will make an impact in my overall health. My skin is looking much better, and all in all I feel much more vital, energized and alive when I eat in this way. Thanks Kris!

If you're looking for an all-encompassing program to live a more healthy life, that explains how food can work just as effectively (or more so), than drugs or supplements, to keep you healthy and even help you overcome disease states, then you've found a winner with this book.

Entertaining
Entertaining
by Donna Hay
Price: 14.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to make, heart racing photographs, inspiring fusion food adventures, 13 Aug 2006
This review is from: Entertaining (Paperback)
I bought both The New Cook and soon after, Entertaining, during the same month due to the interesting food pairings and fusion of different ethinic cooking styles. I have not been dissapointed. Most of the recipes are extremely SIMPLE to make yet real crowd pleasers! I feel confident enought with this cookbook to make a recipe for a dinner party, without taste-testing it first! (Not many cookbooks inspire me to do this!) I am an avid cook and have a library of cookbooks. I've had this one for years, and while I leave it for awhile while I drool over my latest book, I always come back to it. The variety and richness of the flavors in this book continually inpsire my desire to create in the kitchen. The photograhs get your heart racing, and i really enjoy just browsing through it to learn about interesting food pairings and get inspired about the unusual flavor combinations I'll be making for dinner. If you'd like a little food adventure, this one's for you!

The New Cook
The New Cook
by Donna Hay

This review is from: The New Cook (Paperback)