Profile for Alan Walter > Reviews

Alan Walter

The Dynamiter
The Dynamiter

4.0 out of 5 stars A surreal adventure, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Dynamiter (Kindle Edition)
It took a while to get into this book but after a while I was totally immersed. It's a rather surreal story and reminded me a bit of "The Man Who Was Thursday"; I really had no idea how it would finish. It's rather old fashioned in it's literary style but don't let that put you off.

The Masnavi I Manavi of Rumi Complete 6 Books
The Masnavi I Manavi of Rumi Complete 6 Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing!, 18 Jan 2014
I'm still working my way through this long book but find it fascinating. So far it's a wonderful mixture of the Song of Solomon, Aesop's Fables and mysticism. It's one to keep and needs careful reading.

A Visit to Three Fronts June 1916
A Visit to Three Fronts June 1916

3.0 out of 5 stars It's of it's time., 18 Jan 2014
This is an odd book but of interest. Definitely propaganda but of it's time and it appears to be a series of articles.

Memoirs of the Courts and Cabinets of George the Third From the Original Family Documents, Volume 1

2.0 out of 5 stars One for the historians and specialists., 18 Jan 2014
I'm sure of this book's worth but in my opinion it's for the specialist and not for the casual historian.

Sport and Exercise Nutrition (The Nutrition Society Textbook)
Sport and Exercise Nutrition (The Nutrition Society Textbook)
by Susan A. Lanham-New

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book., 11 Jan 2014
I bought this book for my brother, a keen cyclist, and am very impressed. I have a scientific background and given it was a Nutrition Society textbook was worried it might be too technical for the layman. However I believe this book would suit any keen sportsman with an interest in the subject.