Profile for Bliss > Reviews

Bliss

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Tomy Tomica Metro City Set 85413
Tomy Tomica Metro City Set 85413

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish i'd had this train set when i was a child!, 1 July 2013
What a fantastic train set. My five year old loves it. You can set the tracks out in the way it is shown on the box, or you can create your own track system.

The possibilities are endless as there are so many other accessories to add to the set such as tunnels, trains, stations and points. A great starter set to add to as your child becomes more fascinated by the possibilites of it.

The metro train has lights, which is fab, and the tunnels and level crossing are lots of fun. I highly recommend this for all child train enthusiasts.

A train set to treasure and build on. My only warning is they will be hooked and want to collect it all!

Noddy Helps Out and Other Stories: No. 3 (BBC Audio)
Noddy Helps Out and Other Stories: No. 3 (BBC Audio)
by Various
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 11 Nov 2012
My son often puts this on his cd player as a background interest when he is playing. They are basicaly some of the t.v stories on cd format, and they translate well to the audio. The familiar theme tune is played before each episode (which has us singing along).

A great alterantive to television or dvds.

Schleich Fence with Gate
Schleich Fence with Gate
Price: 14.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult for small hands to put together., 11 Nov 2012
This review is from: Schleich Fence with Gate (Toy)
My son really wanted some fences for his Schleich animals so that he could make enclosures for them, so i ordered these ones. They are very robust, (as you would expect from Schleich) but the draw back is that as a 4 year old my son struggles to click the individual pannels together by himself as it is quite stiff to do so, even i find it a little tricky at times!

However, it is a very durable product and is a great addition to play and learning.

Schleich 16464 Giganotosaurus
Schleich 16464 Giganotosaurus
Offered by GASCHers
Price: 25.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, but not to be confused with the movable jaw model., 23 Sep 2012
Quite expensive but another great dinosaur model from the Schleich company and one of my boy's favourites. Please don't confuse this one with the cheaper playset movable jaw model, which is also available on Amazon.

Fisher-Price Imaginext Dinosaur Figure Set - Raptor
Fisher-Price Imaginext Dinosaur Figure Set - Raptor
Offered by ToyWarehouseUK
Price: 17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit basic for the price., 1 Sep 2012
My 4 year old son really wanted this toy, but since he bought it he has not really played with it that much.

He already has the blue appatasaurus and loves it, but this one, by comparisson, a far less exciting interactive toy. One of the problems with the veloceraptor is that it's armour does not always click in to the body so well, and therefore swings around quite alot. Also, it is not a very steady toy and it can be quite difficult to get it stand freely. The loose parts are also easily lost, in fact we haven't been able to locate the axe for quite some time now.

However, it is durable and not flimsy and easy to break, but i would not call it good value for the money.

Thomas & Friends - Blue Mountain Mystery [DVD]
Thomas & Friends - Blue Mountain Mystery [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Angelis
Offered by zoverstocks
Price: 3.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 1 Sep 2012
We went as a whole family to see this film at the cinema today, and it charmed us all. I can't recommend it enough.

I was a little dissapointed with 'Day of the Diesels' as it was a bit dark and sinister at times. No such problems with this new release. It is a lovely story about a mystery engine called Luke who works in the quarry with other narrow gauge engines, but they keep his existance a secret as he believes he has done something very wrong, and will be sent away from Sodor because of it. It takes Thomas (of course) to sort the problem out, and to out-smart the 'devious' diesels in the process. The film also throws up some interesting background to Victor's past.

My 4 year old son sat through the whole film rivited, even refusing to visit the toilet when he needed to because he didn't want to miss a second of it. It easily one of the best Thomas films, and will we be buying on dvd.

Daisy (My Thomas Story Library)
Daisy (My Thomas Story Library)
by VARIOUS

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as sweet as she looks, 9 Aug 2012
My 4 year has a wooden track Daisy and loves her so I bought the book for him. He was a bit surprised that Daisy was not very nice at first, but in true Thomas tradition she sees the error of her ways, and he was satisfied with that. We have read it over, and over and it has become a regular favourite.

Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Old Wheezy Sling Crane
Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Old Wheezy Sling Crane

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to break, but still fun., 31 Mar 2012
A bit pricey, considering it is mainly made out of plastic (with only the track part made out of wood). This is, by wooden track standards, a flimsy toy. The swinging action on it is very easy to break if it is pulled round too far. Unfortunately this happened within five minutes of play to my four year old as there is no guide as to how far you are able to twist it round without breaking it. However, it is still fun to spin it by hand, in fact, the logs that are thrown by it go even further which keeps my boy amused. It is a fun toy, so don't be too dissappointed if the swing action breaks.

Learn the Time - Wooden Clock [Toy]
Learn the Time - Wooden Clock [Toy]
Offered by Toys Direct Online
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A good price , but could could be clearer., 15 Feb 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This clock/shape sorter idea is an effective one and it has encouraged my 4 year old to start telling the time. The number/shapes are useful in encouraging number order in a circular motion which is more challenging than having them placed in a row.

However, it would help if the hands of the clock were more varied in length so that it was easier to tell them apart as there is little difference in the size of them. Another problem is the pegs in the number shapes, they do get in the way of the number figures, especially the number 8, and so my son has problems reading them at times.

Other drawbacks I noticed are that the clock is smaller than I expected and the handles are loose. It is a good price though, so if you can't afford a Melissa and Doug version, this is a decent alternative.

The Private Lives of Pippa Lee
The Private Lives of Pippa Lee
by Rebecca Miller
Price: 6.21

1.0 out of 5 stars A pointless read, 5 Feb 2012
I could have written a brief synopsis of this book, but I really couldn't be bothered. I scooted through the pages hoping it would give me a reason to care about it's characters, but it didn't. The main character is inconsistant, and therefore unbelievable. The others are all selfish poeple who stumble through life's relationships seemingly intent on wrecking not only their own lives, but of those around them too.

If we don't care about or like the chracters, how on earth I we expected to identify with their story? My advice, leave this novel on the bookshelf and choose another.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3