Profile for Joseph Holmes > Reviews

Content by Joseph Holmes

Joseph Holmes

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great., 22 Aug. 2014
You can get a lot better headphones for the money. They're not particularly comfortable and I found they sat awkwardly on my head. I found the sound below average for the price even though I've found AKG products to have brilliant sound before. For me also, they were way to bass orientated. I like bass but it sort of drowned out the rest. Note as well that they are a lot smaller than they look.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2014 11:14 AM GMT

Philips Fidelio M1BTBL/00 Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones Compatible with APT-X / ACC for Music / Phone Calls Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Falls short of expectation., 13 Aug. 2014
I was really looking forward to these headphones. They look the part and I'm a big fan of What Hifi who gave them 5 stars and Bluetooth product of the year. However they fell short for me. Don't get me wrong they're brilliant to look at and also are probably the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn (I've had a lot of cans), but I found the bluetooth connection even with the aptX patchy, there was this weird annoying buzz constantly (maybe I had a dodgy pair) and the thing that made the headphones disappoint me the most was the sound. Lovely and bright but lacking any bass with way to much emphasis on the treble. I'm not a bass head or anything but I just thought there was a real lack of bass so I couldn't enjoy all genres of music.

I would recommend these if wireless is the most important thing for you but if you're looking for a good pair of headphones around the £100 - £200 price range I'd invest in a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50x's or Bose SoundTrue.

Case-Mate Tough Case for Sony Xperia Z2 - Black
Case-Mate Tough Case for Sony Xperia Z2 - Black
Offered by Modern-Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid case that will protect your phone., 13 Aug. 2014
I would fully recommend this case. Although it hasn't got a hole for the magnetic dock charger I don't think it hinders the case because it's really easy to take off. It protects all the corners and I'm sure that it would absorb any sort of drop with he two layers. Excellent case.

Xperitus BOS-26U Hi-Speed Quality Micro USB To USB Cable (Pack of 5) 1 Meter Braided Tangle Free [Type-B] Compatible with Samsung Mobile Phones Galaxy S4, Google Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 1020, Galaxy S3, Moto G, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Asus Google Nexus 7 7-inch, Sony Xperia, HTC One And More (Green, White, Black, Red, Blue) [Micro USB Cable] Free 30 Days Money Back Guarantee [18 Months Warranty]