Profile for retrobohokitten > Reviews

Content by retrobohokitten

retrobohokitten

100g Vitalife Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder Cooking Grade.
100g Vitalife Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder Cooking Grade.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Japonese sweets!, 31 July 2013
So, for most people, buying this isn't so much for a health drink, as it is a cooking ingredient. When I was looking to buy it, I was dying to know if this was the kind of thing that could be used in Japanese food. Since there is SUCH a big difference in price, I decided to take the risk.

I've used high quality drinking Matcha for making things like Green Tea Ice Cream (YUM) so I at least have a basic understanding. My review is purely to answer the questions I had before purchasing the product. I haven't cooked with it yet, but I have tasted the raw product and I can say that YES this is the necessary cooking ingredient for making daifuku or mochi, or green tea ice cream. NO it is not the highest of quality and is NOT as tasty as the drinking grade matcha.

BUT, if you're wanting this for cooking, it really doesn't have to be. Recipes for non-cooked foods such as ice cream or milkshakes do recommend using a higher grade rather than cooking. For me, with a budget and the difficulty matcha is to get, this is WELL worth the money, and will keep me stocked with matcha for ages.

If you're doing something gourmet, find something else. If you're an average person like me who wants to make lovely Japanese sweets, then I think this is great value for money!

PS: I added this review to every listing for "Vitalife Matcha Green Tea cooking grade 100g" so please keep this in mind. My review reflects the PRODUCT NOT THE SELLER OR PRICE.

Vitalife Matcha Green Tea cooking grade 100g - CLF-VTL-1003

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooking Japonese Sweets!, 31 July 2013

Layla Cosmetics Graffiti Top Coat N.19 Yellow Shock Nail Polish
Layla Cosmetics Graffiti Top Coat N.19 Yellow Shock Nail Polish

3.0 out of 5 stars What a strange crackle..., 19 July 2013
Okay, so, I'm trying to review the Layla crackles as I get them since they're is such a huge colour range,with few swatches. Read my review on the N.23 Lilac To get an idea. Basically, I'm just trying to tell the colours/ crackle pigment as they really are.

So, N.19 Yellow Shock...very odd. I get the feeling that Neon Crackles are tricky because the other one I've had by Nails inc (that neon green soho street) was absolutely DREADFUL! It made any color I put it on top of look like catsick because it was SOOOOO sheer.

BUT! Layla may me hopeful to find a Neon crackle that works! Yellow Shock is weird. It looks really thin....when you put it on (always to fully dry nails) is looks like...well...clear, yellow, you get the idea. HOWEVER! it then dries bright chalky yellow, almost completely opaque! I don't know how to describe it, its just strange! but, I don't hate it. Having a neon yellow crackle looks GREAT on dark colors.

TIP: If the top fluid separates a bit, pour it off into a container without pouring out the pigment. It will help make it a bit thicker. Also, let the crackle turn completely white before putting on a top coat. Once the top coat goes on, its like you're "setting" the crackle

Layla Cosmetics Graffiti Top Coat N.23 Lilac Mania Nail Polish
Layla Cosmetics Graffiti Top Coat N.23 Lilac Mania Nail Polish

5.0 out of 5 stars I love crackle! Bringin' it back!, 19 July 2013
So, I'm a total polisholic, and while crackle seems to have decreased in popularity, the "every finger different" trend makes crackle a great easy way to add an additional pattern to your nails with minimal effort. I think that what I'm always interested in with a crackle is whether or not it is transparent. I don't know why but a lot of times crackles can be a bit of a gamble. You may or may not get one that looks really sheer, so I wanted to review this to let everyone know, whether black, sparkles, or anything in between, THIS particular shade of Layla (pronounced lie-la) Is A1++ on pigmentation. totally opaque, and really smooth coverage. Whether "shatter" or "crack" effect, it does both brilliantly! I've tried a couple other Layla crackles, some are less opaque than this one, but none of them have been bad, even the neons!

If you love crackles, Layla is a great brand. They have a really wide color range although I wish there was more swatches of them. The Italian blogs have them, search "layla graffiti N.(#)" and often you can find one without needing to know Italian.

I hope this helps. Mainly cause the pigment is my biggest question when getting a crackle so I'm hoping I helped someone like me :-p :D

TIGI Bed Head Creative Genius 200ml
TIGI Bed Head Creative Genius 200ml
Offered by Mußler Beautynet GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Hold!, 11 May 2010
I love this product. It is really for any hair type, male/female, straight/curly, long/short! I have very thick, curly hair, and I apply just a dab after the shower, and my curls dry SO amazingly soft and defined! I highly recommend this product. Also, it lasts for AGES! I've had mine for years, and its not even half empty! you only need a tiny bit of product, and then rub it in your palm, and apply! for any hairstyle, this is really the greatest!