Profile for Ms. S. M. Lai > Reviews

Content by Ms. S. M. Lai

Ms. S. M. Lai "bargain hunter" (Surrey,England)

Page: 1 | 2
Children's War Memorabilia Pack
Children's War Memorabilia Pack
Offered by Resources for Teaching

5.0 out of 5 stars Children's War Memorabilia Pack, 28 Sep 2013
My son was very excited about showing this little replica pack at school. He is currently learning about World War Two and was very pleased to report that the teacher said it was very good and is considering doing the recipes with the same ration ingredients . My husband also enjoyed looking through the poster cards and the boys magazine too.

English Made Easy Ages 8-9 Key Stage 2 (Carol Vorderman's English Made Easy)
English Made Easy Ages 8-9 Key Stage 2 (Carol Vorderman's English Made Easy)
by Carol Vorderman

5.0 out of 5 stars English Made Easy Ages 8-9 Key Stage 2, 30 April 2013
I love these work books, they are well written and laid out for the children to work through. My son is in Year 4 but he is the youngest boy in the class,so he really struggles to keep up. He is also left handed which means he is much slower at writing things down so the quantity of work produced is less and sometimes messy. With these work books he can work at his own pace and develop the ideas into written form. English has always been a struggle but now he has a better understanding of what he needs to do for key stage 2.

Science Made Easy Life Processes & Living Things Ages 7-9 Key Stage 2 Book 1 (Carol Vorderman's Science Made Easy)
by Carol Vorderman

5.0 out of 5 stars Science Made Easy Life Processes & Living Things Ages 7-9 Key Stage 2, 30 April 2013
I love these Made Easy work books. They are well written and engage the children with their home studies. My son is in Year 4 but he is the youngest boy in the class so he is only 8 and struggles to keep up with the class. Since I have discovered these books (I try to do home studies with them during holidays) he has improved immensely. He enjoys Science so this was a good book for him to work through. I have found these work books are better value here on Amazon too.

Wild Republic 30cm Sweet and Sassy Fox (Pink)
Wild Republic 30cm Sweet and Sassy Fox (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild Republic Fox(pink), 30 April 2013
My two and half year old daughter chose this, and it's now one of her favourite toys. She tells me Foxy is pink, soft and furry and she loves it. High praise indeed for a small child. I brought it on offer and think it's excellent value for money and very well made.

Wild Republic 30cm Sweet and Sassy Giraffe (Blue)
Wild Republic 30cm Sweet and Sassy Giraffe (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild Republic Giraffe(Blue), 30 April 2013
I brought this for my two and half year old daughter and she loves it. It's well made, bright and colourful and quite a lot larger than I thought it would be(although the measurements were given) For the price I paid it was excellent value for money compared to some cuddly toys on the market.

Dodo Pad Desk Diary 2013 - Calendar Year Diary: A Combined Diary-doodle-memo-message-engagement-organiser-calendar-book
by Naomi McBride
Edition: Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Dodo Pad Desk Diary 2013, 11 Jan 2013
I have always loved these desk diaries ever since I discovered them several years back. I especially love all the columns so each family member can add their activities in, and the opposite page where more notes can be written and highlighted. It's a good desk size without being too big or bulky, and with all five of us we use up all the columns.

Peppa Pig: Peppa's Christmas Wish
Peppa Pig: Peppa's Christmas Wish

5.0 out of 5 stars Peppa Pig book- Peppa's Christmas Wish, 11 Jan 2013
My daughter is two and half and she loves Peppa Pig. This is a good sized, sturdy board book for small hands, as she insists on turning the pages herself. She enjoys looking at all the colourful pictures, and we have read this book every night for several weeks now.

The Hipsters
The Hipsters

5.0 out of 5 stars Deacon Blue- The Hipsters, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Hipsters (Audio CD)
This was requested as a gift for my husband. He said it's one of the best albums Deacon Blue have done, he loved it.

LEGO Ninjago Kendo Cole Minifigure Children's Quartz Watch with Grey Dial Analogue Display and Multicolour Plastic Link Strap 9004940

4.0 out of 5 stars Lego Ninjago Kendo Cole Minifigure Children's watch, 11 Jan 2013
Both my sons are Lego mad and although we have already gone through several various watches,they are not really designed to last! As with all lego my sons love to take them apart and change the figures, eventually pieces get lost or broken. My only advice is buy these when you see them on offer.

Bomb Cosmetics Funkadelic Gift Pack
Bomb Cosmetics Funkadelic Gift Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Bomb cosmetics funkadelic gift pack, 11 Jan 2013
This was a great gift for a friend, it is beautifully packaged and the scent coming from the products inside was gorgeous. I was very tempted to keep it for myself.

Page: 1 | 2