Profile for Mr. P. Burns > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. Burns

Mr. P. Burns

Raspberry Pi B+ Desktop (700MHz Processor, 512MB RAM, 4x USB Port)
Raspberry Pi B+ Desktop (700MHz Processor, 512MB RAM, 4x USB Port)
Offered by New IT limited

5.0 out of 5 stars I have 4 Pi' the B+ is so much faster than previous models. A steal at the price., 17 Oct 2014
Unlike most, I'm using them for programming. Such a versatile device and the kids seem to pick up python quickly.

Motorola S10-HD Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Red/Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by EC CRESCENT *Worldwide Shipping*

4.0 out of 5 stars Great design, great battery but lacking a bit of bass., 17 Oct 2014
Had these a few months now and use them daily. Had a lot of people comment on them and ask if they would work with their isheep apple phones.

Kingston Generation 2 Micro SD Reader
Kingston Generation 2 Micro SD Reader
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it, 17 Oct 2014
Great product. No complaints at all. Transfer rates are good and unlike some others I've had, the USB connection is reliable.

Logitech K480 Multi Device Bluetooth Keyboard for PC, Smartphone and Tablet (QWERTY) - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Very heavy, very ugly - sent straight back., 17 Oct 2014
My thoughts when opening this were, in order.

1. The box is a bit heavy
2. Why is the box so heavy?
3.surely it must have some extras in there and it's not the weight of the keyboard is it?
4. Oh my god, it's really ugly. Looks like an Early Learning Centre toy.
5. Nope, no extras it really does weigh more than most laptop's.
6. How do I get a refund.
7. Closed box.

I have loads of other Logitech kit but this one for me is a major fail. The keys are too far apart, it looks very cheap (at least in white it does) and as I may have mentioned above, it weighs more than the device you will be using it with. I guess some would say they means it is sturdy but personally, I'd be a bit embarrassed to be seen using it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2014 4:13 PM BST

SAVFY Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition PU Leather Smart Book Cover Case Hard Shell Stand with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake up Function for Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2nd Gen 2014 Edition Tablet SM-P600/P601/P605, +SAVFY Stylus Pen + SAVFY Screen Protector Film
Offered by GMEX Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't find a slimmer, better fitting Note 10.1 2014 case for the price., 17 Oct 2014
Fits like a glove. I wasn't expecting much given the bargain basement price but it is well made, offers great all round protection and looks OK too.

Poetic KeyBook Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet - Brown
Offered by Smart Shop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars The case is great, but the service from Simply was out of this world., 23 Mar 2014
The 1st case I received had a very sharp piece of metal protruding from the top of the case (as my index finger discovered.) Simply offered to replace it immediately without having to return the original. The 2nd one that arrived was for the Tab 3 not the Note and they told me they didn't require that returning either, I received a perfect one a couple of days later which has been fantastic.

The case itself is a great fit, the BT keyboard is sometimes hit and miss keeping connected to the Note but this seems to be a common occurrence. I've connected it to other devices and it does stay connected so it is very much a Samsung issue. There is a free app that fixes it though.

Devolo dLAN 500 AVmini (IEEE 1901/ HPlug AV) Ethernet
Devolo dLAN 500 AVmini (IEEE 1901/ HPlug AV) Ethernet

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and quick, 15 Nov 2013
I ripped all of the childrens DVD collection to a 6TB Zyxel NAS storage box and had a couple of Roku streamers set up wirelessly and a Google TV in our room. Sadly when everyone tried to use it, the wireless signal wasn't fast enough to cope with multiple streams. I bought a few Devolo 500s and we can now have simultaneous 1080p HD streams at once. Directly copying a large file from the NAS to a Devolo connected PC over SMB will transfer at approx 25Mb/s compared around 9Mb/s using a Wireless N 300. All in all a superb product. Devolo are clearly keen on delivering the best experience as regular firmware updates are pushed to all devices using the Devolo dashboard on a PC (even if it doesn't have an adaptor connected.)

iZKA® - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 {2014 Edition} Leather Case Cover and Flip Stand Typing Wallet + ProPen Stylus Pen (fits versions of Note 10.1 SM-P600 Wi-Fi / SM-P601 3G / SM-P605 3G+LTE) - (White)
Offered by iBox Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 15 Nov 2013
For the price I wasn't expecting much but figured that buying a cheap case would suffice until the official Samsung ones landed in the UK. It's actually a really good fit though, seems very well made and secure. I'm impressed. Only negative I have is that it took a few days over the estimate to arrive.

ISS Detector Pro
ISS Detector Pro

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but broke on August 17th, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: ISS Detector Pro (App)
I found this app very useful and it has helped me spot the ISS quite easily but it seems to have stopped working. Its a four/five star app when it works but slightly embarrassing for the dev that it breaks on the day it appears as app of the day.

Eurosport Player
Eurosport Player

3.0 out of 5 stars No tie in to PC player subscription, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: Eurosport Player (App)
I'm a big Winter sports fan and love to watch the Biathlon, Ski-Jumping, Cross country skiing etc so thought this would be good if I wasnt near thr Eurosport Player app on my PC, which I also subscribe to as well. Sadly it doesnt. That said I may just cancel the PC sub and use my Nexus 10 / Nexus 4 combo instead.