Profile for Pavlides E. Despina > Reviews

Content by Pavlides E. ...

Pavlides E. Despina

Tis the Season: Creative Christmas Decorating (Arts & Crafts for Home Decorating)
by Creative Publishing

3.0 out of 5 stars rather out-of-date, 16 Mar. 2006
Although I think it's a good book to borrow,I wish I hadn't bought it.The projects are rather old fashioned-mind you,not traditional!You might get an idea or two but I still cannot agree that builting a christmas bird nestling house is a great idea!

Ornaments: Fast and Fabulous Projects (Instant Gratification)
Ornaments: Fast and Fabulous Projects (Instant Gratification)
by Genevieve Sterbenz

2.0 out of 5 stars the cover is the most interesting project, 16 Mar. 2006
I bought it because I had expected that the rest of the book would be as interesting as the cover.Well,It wasn't!To begin with,each page shows just one picture and you get the directions on the next page.Most of the projects are variables of the one appearing on the cover.Rather poor in my opinion.

Charlie Brown - I Want A Dog For Christmas / A Charlie Brown Christmas [DVD]
Charlie Brown - I Want A Dog For Christmas / A Charlie Brown Christmas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ann Altieri

4.0 out of 5 stars new meets old, 16 Mar. 2006
The first story is a new one.Quite out-of-the-ordinary christmas
tale.I loved Rerun who thinks that happiness is a warm puppy for christmas.You'll love the kids'attitude towards Santa or
shopping .The second story is a much older one.There is a striking difference between the two but it also reflects the
anticomfortism of the characters in searching for the true meaning of christmas.

Second Hand Lions [UMD Mini for PSP]
Second Hand Lions [UMD Mini for PSP]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine
Offered by gowingsstoreltd

5.0 out of 5 stars charming ,heart-warming and spicy, 16 Mar. 2006
A film that I bought due to the heavy names of the actors.And I was right! To be honest it wasn't the directing that fascinated me,but the fact that great actors can bring some of their magic into our living rooms.Watch it by yourselves or invite some friends too.You will have plenty to think or talk about in the end.After all,this is what the cinema is all about:a good story,excellent characters and life-like setting.Well,you'll get all that and plenty more.It's a pity it didn't get more advertisement.

The Beader's Palette
The Beader's Palette
by Ondori

2.0 out of 5 stars could have included more, 15 Oct. 2004
This review is from: The Beader's Palette (Paperback)
I am good with my hands and often buy books on crafts.However interesting this book was,it actually contains only 53 projects ,some repeated and others related.It is less than what I had expected.Some are rather too easy and others appear too hard.Very little variety too.It might be good for a beginner though.

Dvd ~ Alison Cork
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars very little to do with christmas, 15 Oct. 2004
I bought the DVD because of a review but found out that it had very little to do with christmas whatsoever.It's made up of six stories,some of which appear in Disney Fables too.They are rather old and I simply could not understand how the"Prince and the Paupper" get in a holiday DVD.If you really want christmas fun and Disney magic,try "Mickey's Once upon a time" istead!!

Dvd ~ Alison Cork
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars very little to do with christmas, 11 Oct. 2004
I find the title rather misleading.The DVD is actually a compilation of stories you find in other Disney DVDs too.The story of the "Prince and the pauper" and "Wynken,Blynken and Nod" are also found in Disney fables.The rest of the stories are somehow old and only the two last ones remind us of Holidays.I think that "Mickey's Once upon a Christmas" is far better.

Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD]
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kelsey Grammer
Offered by NetsavesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars the best holiday company, 15 Sept. 2004
I bought it from Amazon because I'm a Disney fan.I didn't however expect that my kids would love it that much.Although they didn't focus on the stories,they loved the animation and especially the Donald story.Teenagers loved the Mickey special which is an animated story of the "gift of the magi".Goofy and Max reminded us of the holiday spirit too.I would recommend it to all Disney fans but also to those who want a holiday DVD for their kids and expect good quality in it.Fabulous music!!