Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Mr. Iain Smith > Reviews

Content by Mr. Iain Smith

Mr. Iain Smith (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Kenley Silicone Gel Cushion for Car Seat Office Chair - with Foam Side Pads
Kenley Silicone Gel Cushion for Car Seat Office Chair - with Foam Side Pads
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 6 Feb. 2014
I bought a leather faced office chair recently but the stitching and seams on the seat made me sore when sitting for a while. Then I saw the Kenley Silicone Gel cushion on Amazon and it has completely transformed my chair. I now would not be without it. Highly recommended!

Columbia River Kidnap
Columbia River Kidnap
by Christopher Jarman

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality not quantity, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Columbia River Kidnap (Paperback)
At just over 29,000 words this Christopher Jarman story is a novella rather than a full blown novel. Nevertheless, the story is told in an entertaining and convincing manner. His character Admiral Sir Geoffrey Cockburn RN (retd), thankfully known generally as Cocky, finds himself thrown into a situation of murder, kidnap and general mayhem but with a little extra marital dalliance along the way. The narrative is so good that it paints a picture in the reader's imagination and you are drawn into the plot as if you are there.

This is a page turner without a doubt and well worth a read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2015 10:17 AM BST

Ketevan
Ketevan

5.0 out of 5 stars Some critics are wrong., 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Ketevan (Audio CD)
I've read some hostile reviews of this album, saying things such as "not adventurous enough" and "more of the same". Well I disagree. I have all of Katie's albums and this is equally as good as any of them. Also there are a couple of tracks that are definitely not more of the same.

Ignore the critics! If you like Katie Melua's previous work you'll love this.

Lakeland Microfibre Long Radiator Brush (80cm)
Lakeland Microfibre Long Radiator Brush (80cm)
Offered by Lakeland

2.0 out of 5 stars No good for my purpose., 1 Nov. 2013
I wanted a brush to get through the grille panel fitted to the top of my Stelrad radiators. This brush is far to thick for that and so is useless to me.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded motherboard is a winner, 17 May 2013
I had a particular reason for wanting to upgrade my motherboard. I am a fan and heavy user of Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I like flying realistic aircraft in a computer generated world that is geographically correct.

Flight Simulator is a complex programme which needs a powerful processor to run smoothly in all situations. Most users find that overclocking is necessary to achieve this. So this well respected make of motherboard, with an overclocked processor which has been proven to work well amongst flight simmers, caught my eye, especially at such a reasonable price. Also, I am fortunate in having a son-in-law who was capable of installing it for me.

The performance was immediately obvious, the improved smoothness and frame rate are brilliant. I had an issue with temperature. I use a free programme called RealTemp to measure the temperature of the processor and this showed it was running close to its maximum although not affecting performance. The support guys at ADM-IT were willing to help but sorting out such a problem at a distance is always going to be a problem. Luckily there are some good support forums on the net, especially for the flight simming community and by comparing settings others used on the same motherboard I was able to lower the temperature by 20 degrees C.

So, a good performing board, especially at the price and the UK support team will try their hardest to sort out any problems.

METAL Bracket Roller blind repair kit / fixing kit with extra long metal beaded Chain, with Silver Chrome effect covers and winder Kit for 25mm tubes + safety device for cords
Offered by ABC Decor

5.0 out of 5 stars Roller blind repair kit does what it says, 17 May 2013
Like many customers I bought this to fix a roller blind which was installed with plastic brackets which had broken. The only initial mystery was how to separate the metal brackets from the optional plastic covers they are supplied in. I eventually found that bending or flexing the metal bracket back caused the plastic cover to pop away from the bracket. However, I do think that the instructions could be improved in this respect.

The hole spacings were the same as on the old plastic brackets so no drilling was involved. Having fitted the metal brackets, just pull the old mechanism out of the roller tube, push in the new mechanism and re-fit the blind. You may have to shorten the pull chain but this is easily done with wire cutters.

I recommend this product.

Daylight Roxy White Retro Floor Lamp with full spectrum 20 Watt 6400k Daylight Bulb
Offered by THE CRAFT LIGHT COMPANY

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent reading lamp, 30 Jan. 2013
This lamp is certainly bright enough and enables me at my advancing years to read the smallest of print at the dead of night. It's a good quality, sturdy lamp that is easy to assemble.

The Official Highway Code
The Official Highway Code
by Department for Transport

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the Highway Code, 13 Dec. 2012
What more can I say? Hardly a thrilling read but a useful refresher/reminder for drivers who took their test several decades ago.

I've Heard That Song Before: The Hits Of Harry James
I've Heard That Song Before: The Hits Of Harry James
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal!, 13 Dec. 2012
This is an excellent compilation of Harry James recordings which is not surprising considering the tracks were chosen by Jim Cutler, president of The Harry James Appreciation Society. The recording dates range from 1938 to 1945, when the James outfit was at its best and the recording quality is excellent considering the era.

Anyway, at this price for a double CD, you cannot go wrong. Excellent value!

TELECAM TCE2000 High performance UHF indoor TV aerial
TELECAM TCE2000 High performance UHF indoor TV aerial
Offered by Ryness Lighting & Electrical

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth one star, 6 Sept. 2012
I live in an area officially classified as a "good" signal area for Freeview. My present aerial, a "One For all" with built-in booster, is generally ok but subject to break-up in certain weather conditions. I was looking for something a bit better.

The good reviews persuaded me to buy but, the day it arrived, I activated the returns procedure and it was on its way back for a refund. In my location it was, frankly, useless even though it was on a window sill on the transmitter side of the house and I had a booster connected. I'm about 25 miles from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter.

If your location/installation is anything like mine then my advice is don't buy.

One thing I would praise is the Amazon returns process. It is excellent and gives one the confidence to deal with Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2