Profile for David P. Daish > Reviews

The Panic Switch
The Panic Switch
Price: 5.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on panic attacks that I know of., 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Panic Switch (Kindle Edition)
If you are a panic attack sufferer, then this is the only book you need on the subject. The author has discovered the truth about panic attacks. This is no "magic" cure though. It requires the sufferer to take a leap of faith but the end result is resolution of the panic.

I would strongly recommend this book to all panic sufferers who have spent too much time, and money, seeking the elusive answer to their problem, and to those new, bewildered sufferers who are desperate to understand what is happening to them. All your answers are here.

Brilliant book!

At Last A Life
At Last A Life
Price: 8.04

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book!, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: At Last A Life (Kindle Edition)
Paul David has written a book on anxiety that makes perfect sense and works! I love his easy, straightforward writing style, plus there are many personal stories from those who have recovered through following the advice given here. There is a very clear connection to the work of Dr. Claire Weekes, but Paul has added his own ideas plus his valuable personal experience.

I would recommend this book highly. Please don't waste any more money on expensive so-called "cures". Just buy this book, everything you need to know is in here!

iBoutique Advanced Wireless Weather Station With Indoor & Outdoor Temperature, Indoor & Outdoor Humidity Sensors, Moon Phase, Clock, Alarm Display etc.
Offered by iSeekGadgets
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 5 Nov 2013
I got this as a replacement for the basic model, as this one reports both indoor and outdoor humidity. It's very easy to set up and appears to be pretty accurate. You need to be careful to protect the outside sensor from the rain, as it is only water resistant, not waterproof.

It would be nice if it also recorded the time that max and min temperatures and humidities occurred, but otherwise I am very pleased with it.

iBoutique Precision Wireless Weather Station with Alarm & Snooze Function, Indoor & Outdoor Temperature, Indoor & Comfort Humidity Sensors, Moon Phase, Clock, Calendar & Alarm Display etc.
Offered by iSeekGadgets
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for what it does, 5 Nov 2013
This item is pretty good but weather buffs beware - it does NOT record external humidity, even though the rather inadequate instructions say it does. Still, very easy to set up, especially the wireless connection. I took up the matter of no humidity sensor with the suppliers who very kindly sent me the advanced model which does have one, for no extra charge. They were very helpful throughout.

Blue Collar Jane
Blue Collar Jane
Price: 1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new band in years!, 13 April 2013
This review is from: Blue Collar Jane (MP3 Download)
I heard these young lads on Jools Holland and was blown away by their energy and professional sound, not least of which is the brilliant guitar playing. I'm not easily impressed by contemporary music as an old geezer of 59, but, having heard their EP I am VERY impressed indeed. I gather an album is in the making and I look forward to that with great anticipation.

Well done guys, I predict that this will be your year, you have remarkable talent and deserve to really go far. I wish you every success.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2013 8:15 PM BST

Magical Mystery Tour (Box Set) [Blu-ray & DVD] [2012]
Magical Mystery Tour (Box Set) [Blu-ray & DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ The Beatles
Price: 36.34

5.0 out of 5 stars This is indeed magical, 7 Oct 2012
I also watched this on BBC2 yesterday. I knew Apple were restoring it but I hadn't realised that it was complete, but it was soon apparent just how vastly improved the picture and sound were, compared to the cruddy, horrible DVD version that's been around for years.

I guess I am somewhat biased because I grew up in the Beatles era and saw this when it was first broadcast on Boxing Day 1967, when it was broadcast in black and white, even though, I think, BBC2 had colour back then and it could have been shown there. But I guess not that many people had colour anyway. So a lot of it didn't make sense in black and white because of the many colour effects in the film.

I still love it after all these years, yes it is weird and to many nonsensical but it always seemed to me to be a natural progression from Sgt. Pepper, musically at least and is a fitting end to what was a remarkable year. It's hard for those not of that generation to appreciate it in the context of the era it belongs to, but I would recommend it to all, as it does grow on you.

Of all the music tracks, I especially love "I Am The Walrus" and "Your Mother Should Know". but all the tracks are good I think. I am looking forward to seeing all the extras when I get the boxed set, as I once read that the 55 minute film was pared down from over 100 hours of Super8!

Live Vengeance 82 [DVD]
Live Vengeance 82 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Judas Priest
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best HM band ever!, 8 Sep 2012
This review is from: Live Vengeance 82 [DVD] (DVD)
I only purchased this DVD quite recently and it sure took me back! My wife and I saw Judas Priest twice during their touring of the UK in the early 80s and this DVD is pretty much the set they played then. I saw many HM bands at that time but the Priest concerts were outstanding.

I have not heard anything before or since that match their inventiveness or originality in the HM area, not to mention Rob Halford's absolutely amazing voice.

Ah to be young again!

Touch - Season 1 [DVD]
Touch - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kiefer Sutherland
Offered by Venture Online
Price: 12.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful - great, great drama!, 4 April 2012
This review is from: Touch - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
What a superb programme. I've been following it on Sky1. Kiefer Sutherland was interviewed about this and said how he was completely taken with script and just had to do it. He is perfect for the role.

The stories so far are so cleverly written and so emotionally satifying, I just love it! Young Jake played by David Mazouz does so much without uttering a word.

5 star TV drama.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2012 3:57 PM BST

Video Games
Video Games

5.0 out of 5 stars This lady should go far, 3 Feb 2012
This review is from: Video Games (Audio CD)
I was idly watching and listening to MTV recently when the video for "Video Games" came on and it totally caught my attention - something that rarely happens with contemporary music! Such a gorgeous voice, SO different from the endless female singers with their "yoyo" voices as I call them. Not only that, the orchestration was really enchanting, I found the song going around my head for ages afterwards.

What a rare treat to hear something so original - Lana you have a great talent, I hope you have real success.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant device!, 26 Nov 2011
Now this is what technology SHOULD be like - easy to use, reliable, straightforward and well-designed. This is a delight to use, I only hope more publishers will make their books available for it.

This is everything I have come to expect from Amazon, thorough, well thought out and with the customer in mind. So many modern devices (phones, computers etc.) seem to have been designed just to please the designers only - horrible to use.

Well done Amazon, you get my vote!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3