Profile for Ann Hall > Reviews

Content by Ann Hall

Ann Hall (Hertfordshire, UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars You've got to read this. It'll change your life!, 26 Oct. 2013
I rarely take the time to write book reviews but this is worth it. With her easy style of writing Brene Brown challenges us to open ourselves up and be vulnerable. One of the premises she works from is that you're not really learning unless you are feeling uncomfortable. According to that way of thinking, I learned a lot. Without any sense of judgment or condemnation she cuts right through the fluff to the heart of the matter. At times I felt exposed and challenged. But every time I was inspired to step up and make changes in how I do things. I hope I can. But I will always remember that in order to DARE GREATLY, FAILURE MUST ALWAYS BE AN OPTION.

Why School?: How Education Must Change When Learning and Information Are Everywhere (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars This resonates with my own thinking over the past few years, 13 Aug. 2013
Will Richardson has clarified the challenges facing schools and educators in the 21st century. No longer can we teach to the test and say our kids have been educated. To prepare them for the future we need to turn them into lifelong learners. Here we are shown a glimpse of how we might make changes in the way we approach school and teaching.

Mechanics 2 for OCR (Cambridge Advanced Level Mathematics)
Mechanics 2 for OCR (Cambridge Advanced Level Mathematics)
by Douglas Quadling

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Study Guide, 14 Jan. 2010
I am a tutor and have used this with A'Level students. I've found it a useful study guide for the OCR Mechanics 2 syllabus. It explains the concepts clearly and gives plenty of worked examples before providing the student with ample opportunity to test out what they have learned. At the end of each chapter there are relevant exam questions which make preparing for the exams much easier. I'd definitely recommend this title for teachers, tutors and students alike. Even for a student working alone, the explanations are clear and straightforward.