Profile for N. Broadhurst > Reviews

Content by N. Broadhurst

N. Broadhurst (UK)

Mystery Man (The Dream Man Series Book 1)
Mystery Man (The Dream Man Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mystery Man, 11 April 2013
Wow...i mean i don't know why i am surprised that i loved yet another of Kristen Ashley's books. Everything she writes is just sublime and as a reader you end up falling in love with the domineering male lead. Well done Kristen Ashley for writing another book that takes over my life until i reach the final page.

Rock Chick Regret
Rock Chick Regret

5.0 out of 5 stars Can Kristen Ashley write a bad book??, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Rock Chick Regret (Kindle Edition)
WOW!!!

It's not like i didn't expect it, but once again i have fell in love with another PI from Nightingale Investigations.
'Double H' or 'Hispanic Hottie' Ex Agent Hector Chavez has just as much Mexican-American suave as his brother Eddie did, and its about time he got his own Rock Chick and book :)

Cannot actually wait for Ally and Ren's story now. Does anyone actually know when in 2013 it's supposed to be coming out?

Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series Book 1)
Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cannot wait for the second book in this series, 12 Jan 2013
This book will have you hooked as soon as you start reading!
Liam Page/Westerly is that bad boy rocker that we all love to read about who, 10 years ago, walked out on his girlfriend Josie without explanation.
He returns to Beaumont after hearing of his best friend Mason's death to find his love for Josie is still burning strong.
The only problem is, Josie is now with Nick his high school frenemie and she has a little boy Noah who's 9 and looks a lot like...him!!!
Read it guys you won't be disappointed.

The Immortals: Everlasting: 6
The Immortals: Everlasting: 6
by Alyson Noel

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to her best!!!, 10 July 2011
I have to admit before reading the finale of The Immortals series i was disheartened. The previous few books in the series had fallen short of what started out to be an amazing, innovative series that i couldn't put down.
However Ms Noel is back to her best and Everlasting is a thrilling read. The book is better paced and keeps the reader gripped and readers finally get what they've been waiting for as Ever and Damens relationship reaches its pivitol point.
Everything with the love triangle Damen/Ever/Jude is tied up and fans of both guys will hopefully be pleased with the ending and the lives of all the other Immortals including those sent to the shadowland are seen too.
This book definitley makes up for the disappointing few that came before! I can truthfully say now that i will miss this series

Lost It
Lost It

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish i'd....Lost it, 9 July 2011
This review is from: Lost It (Kindle Edition)
I scoured amazon looking for books that fit the genre i like to read which is a good teen romance. This book sounded great in its description and like something i would love and so i bought it!
However when i started reading it i just couldn't get into it at all. If i could use one word to describe it, it would have to be...Weird!
The main guy isn't as likable and neither is the protaganist and between her best friend wanting to blow up a poodle teddy and making bombs and her becoming needy to her hot and cold boyfriend i have to admit i struggled my way through it. The only reason i made it to the end was because i can not leave a book unfinished or not give it a real chance.

We'll Always Have Summer (Summer Novels)
We'll Always Have Summer (Summer Novels)
by Han Jenn

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, 9 July 2011
I loved this series from the moment i picked up 'The Summer i Turned Pretty' and waited patiently for the second in the series to come out. When i got that one i read it in a day and i just couldn't wait for the final book to come out and so i bought it online instead of waiting for it to come into my bookstore.

However, i was slightly disappointed by this book!

Yes i know i have given it four stars but that alone is for the series itself and for the ending. It just didn't live up to the previous two and to be honest i felt like the characters yo-yoed to much and didn't stay true to themselves. Conrad it seemed had a split personality who went from being the dream guy in book one, to someone i strongly disliked in book two back to a soppy love struck guy again. Jeremiah had the biggest change of character, going from Belly's best friend who he has loved for years to a complete jerk and i just couldn't comprehend it.
I would still recommend reading it if even for closure on the series and to give it some credit i did like the way it all turned out in the end but i still preferred the previous two books and feel they display Jenny Hans best work!

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
You Don't Have to Say You Love Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Just WOW, 9 July 2011
I bought this book on a whim after stumbling across it in my recommendations. I wasn't overly excited about reading it because i had never read any of Sara Mannings work before but let me say this now, i will never feel like that again.
I was gripped from page one and was so surprised at how much i loved not liked; loved the book. The character of Neve was so relatable and so real that you instantly felt a connection with her. Her problems with her body issues and not feeling good enough are mundane everyday problems that 90% of women suffer from but from reading this book i felt better about myself and feel like i should not worry so much about things like that from seeing it from anothers perspective like Max.
Moving on to the subject of Max i have to say i fell in love with him. To begin with i thought i just wouldn't be able to like the guy, he comes off as a jerk and a player and is pretty hurtful to Neve, but as the story progressed and you learnt more about him i began to dread the return of William because i didn't want to say goodbye to him, he was the guy i wanted Neve to choose.
I give this book 5 stars and urge anybody that like me stumbles across this book to not hesitate and buy it. It is well worth the money and has introduced me to an amazing author whos work i have now gone out to buy more of!

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, Book 5)
Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, Book 5)
by Richelle Mead

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit Bound, 19 May 2010
Let me just begin this review with an....OH MY GOD

I have anxiously anticipated the 5th book in the VA series for months now ever since the cliffhanger ending of Blood Promise.

In this book we see Rose and all our other favourite charcaters head off for the Royal Court now that they have finally graduated from St Vladmirs Academy.

We get too see Rose and Adrians relationship explored more in this book as the two of them attempt a relationship and i was surprised to find myself warming to the charcater more even as a strong supporter of Team Dimitri...Note: I always loved Adrian im not a hater!

Without revealing any major spoilers i can say that a lot of questions that were left unanswered in the previous books are answered and Dimitri's fate is decided within these pages.

There is also a big shock at the end of the book that is not expected and leaves readers desperate for the next installment to find out the fate of our much loved charcaters.

I was gripped by this book and yet again Richelle Mead had me captivated from start to finish and did not disappoint. I finished this book in around 5hrs and am now left waiting eagerly for Last Sacrifice which is said to be released in November 2010 now instead of December according to the back of the book.

This book is a MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2010 9:30 PM BST

Kiss of Death (Morganville Vampires, Book 8)
Kiss of Death (Morganville Vampires, Book 8)
by Rachel Caine

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiss Of Death, 10 May 2010
This is the 8th Book in the ever popular Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine.
I have to say that i had lost faith with this series after the disappointments from the last two books Fade Out and Carpe Corpus and therefore was contemplating giving up on the series altogether.
However i am so glad i didn't and picked up this book.
I think my problems with the last two books was the lack of my favourite male lead Shane Collins but i can happily report he is a prominent character yet again.
The storyline was unexpected and i enjoyed the banter between the Glass House Residents with regular comedic annecdotes that i find a redeeming factor in these books.
I therefore recommend this book with 5 stars and will be first in line for the next installment in what i can say is once again one of my favourite series