Profile for B F Robson > Reviews

Content by B F Robson

B F Robson

Lynx Professional 35/2FX/3 3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack to 2x Neutrik XLR Female Audio Lead (3.0M)
Offered by audiospares
Price: 16.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent Quality, 30 May 2013
Excellent quality 'Professional OFC cable' with Neutrik XLRs, and great value too. The cable anchoring at the 3.5mm stereo mini jack end is robust and all in all, this cable looks like it will last a long time.

Photography Light Stand for professional photo studio photolamps
Photography Light Stand for professional photo studio photolamps
Price: 12.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 30 May 2013
I am using this with my YONGNU YN-300 video light and they go together very well.
In my view this item is excellent value for the price, I use it statically in a domestic situation as opposed to frequent professional transportation and assembly/disassembly and I am very pleased indeed with it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and works well, 30 May 2013
I hadn't realised when I placed my order that the item would be coming from Hong Kong and I was a bit worried about the length of time it would take to arrive, however I need not have been concerned because it arrived via. Royal Mail in just over a week (with an intervening weekend) and it was beautifully packaged.

I opted for this 300 LED model rather than the 160 LED models. I am not a professional but thought I would try to get a good, modestly priced powerfull video light, and the positive reviews here on Amazon of the 160 LED models encouraged me to order this 300 LED model for my Panasonic SD900 video camera as I thought I might as well take advantage of the brighter illumination of a larger area capability.
I am operating it with an NP-F970 battery which is a good heavy duty 6900mAh battery and on a full charge shows no sign of exhaustion after two sessions with the fully charged camera, each about an hour or so and necessitating the Panasonic SD900 to be routinely re-charged, therefore it looks like the light will operate for good long periods on this battery.
The light has a rotary control for brightness, and comfortably lights a domestic room. In my view,the difference this video light makes to indoor High Definition video recording is notable and in my perception the results look very professional. Bouncing off a white ceiling and white walls and using the supplied diffuser gave instantly pleasing results. There is an "automatic" setting which can be activated instead of manual mode, which automatically adjusts the illumination based on a built-in sensor, and in my perception this seems to be particularly effective.
It can be hand held with the supplied handle, however I have it mounted on a video light stand (Konig KN LS10 also from Amazon) which goes very well with it.
All in all I am very happy with this.

Gembird HDMI Female to Female Gender Changer with Gold Plated Connectors
Gembird HDMI Female to Female Gender Changer with Gold Plated Connectors
Offered by Tiny Deal
Price: 0.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought four. Three don't work, "no signal" and one is intermittent ...., 8 Oct 2011
Lots of good reviews here, but I am sorry to say this product did not work for me.

I wanted to join two HDMI cables, 2m length each, so I could place my PC monitor
further away on my desk, so this seemed a good solution.
I bought four as the price seemed good.

Three do not work at all ("no signal") and the fourth one works intermitently.

The receptacle at either end does not give a "snug" fit to the cables, and they don't
push fully home.

I bought a longer HDMI cable to use instead.

The Sound of Music 45th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray] [1965] [Region Free]
The Sound of Music 45th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray] [1965] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Julie Andrews
Offered by mediadashstore
Price: 17.64

5.0 out of 5 stars "Oi'll give it Foive"..., 12 Nov 2010
Still pure entertainment after nearly fifty years, this bluray is accompanied by numerous extras and features and for just under a tenner at the curent Amazon price is surely a must-have for any movie buffs collection.
The restored picture and sound are excellent, as has been said by others, and although many will have seen this film numerous times, bluray technology has added lots of features which allow dipping in and out of favourite scenes.
Without giving too much away (unlike the lady in the cinema queue for "Titanic" who was telling everybody "It sank..." ) most if not all of the exterior scenes also showcase the Austrian countryside, which the bluray transfer also shows to great effect.

LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket. Fully Adjustable and suitable for 15" 17" 19" 20" 22" 23" LCD TVs
Offered by Cable Mountain
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 15 Feb 2010
Excellent quality at a price well below anything similar I could find,
the picture does not really do this bracket justice (I thought it looked
in the picture as being a bit on the flimsy side) but the look and feel
of this product on taking it out of the box exudes quality of build and
engineering.
It arrived directly from the manufacturer (Tech Solutions NI), the packaging
had a professional look and feel about it, in keeping with the content therein.
I have mounted my twenty four inch monitor, which is not very heavy (about
five kg) and it was very easy but I think that it is definitely a two man
"lift and hold" job with any heavy monitors or televisions, as the monitor/TV
needs to be screwed into the VESA mounting plate 'in situ' after the bracket
has been fixed to the wall.
There is no mechanical 'play' in any of the structure, and my monitor is level
and solidly positioned, and remains so irrespective of support arm adjustment.
I have ordered another one, and would not hesitate to recommend this product.

Tefal Quick Cup - Hot and Cold Water in 3 Seconds
Tefal Quick Cup - Hot and Cold Water in 3 Seconds

1.0 out of 5 stars Hot water in 3 seconds maybe, but very noisey..., 7 Feb 2009
nice cuppa tea is always something to look forward to, "I'll put the kettle on" is always nice to hear.
However these pleasures are somewhat spoiled by the gurgling and drill-like vibrating noise, amplified by the kitchen worktop, which makes using the device uncomfortable especially in the very early hours or very late hours at night. The instruction leaflet makes a point of stating that the water 'is not boiling', which is not very handy when one reads on the side of a carton of 'Pot Noodle' that 'the water _must_ be boiling hot'.
It's expensive but doesn't look or feel particularly sturdy, a bonus is being able to dispense cold filtered water too.
The amount of water dispensed can be changed, but it would be very easy for someone to hold a china teacup under the nozzle and find that it overflows with scalding hot water if the amount has not been pre-programmed properly.
If this was a piece of software, one could perhaps ask whether it was 'beta tested' properly before release.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2009 7:33 PM GMT