Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for koga > Reviews

Content by koga

koga

Dirty Dozen: 12 Nasty Fighting Techniques for Any Self-defense Situation
Dirty Dozen: 12 Nasty Fighting Techniques for Any Self-defense Situation
by Larry Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars Lethal force, 21 May 2012
Though seemingly basic,some of the techniques are potentially lethal.Other techniques would maim an attacker,what more can I say?Well,this book covers self offence at close quarters/grappling range.The techniques are uncomprimising,but in a do or die situation applicable.It is certainly an interesting book that I would recommend to most sensible people.

1, 001 Street Fighting Secrets: The Principles of Contemporary Fighting Arts
1, 001 Street Fighting Secrets: The Principles of Contemporary Fighting Arts
by Sammy Franco

5.0 out of 5 stars Leave no stone unturned, 21 May 2012
As mentioned in another review,the book covers a lot of areas.Some not applicable if you live in the UK,unfortunately.This is a sourcebook,it can be used whatever your interest or style.There is a wealth of information which can be used in conjuction with other books,training and/or level of experience.It is both entertaining and informative.I would recommend this book if you have an interest in this field.

Cheap Shots, Ambushes and Other Lessons: A Down and Dirty Book on Streetfighting and Survival
by Marc "Animal" MacYoung

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 May 2012
Having read and reviewed one of his latter books I looked forward to reading this book.I was sadly disappointed to say the least,I did not finish this book.As I started to get into the book I began to question the validity and authenticity of the contents.Rather than getting too much flak from Mr. Macyoungs fans I think it best if I left it there.In conclusion it is very doubtful that I will add any more of the authors books to my collection.

Complete Krav Maga: The Ultimate Guide to Over 230 Self-defense and Combative Techniques
by Darren Levine

1.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, 9 April 2012
I have a reasonable experience of Martial arts,30 years,so I thought I knew a bit about Krav maga.I am obviously wrong,this book has elements of self defence,Brazilian jujutsu and kickboxing.Not a definitive manual on Krav maga or is it?The author states that they are trying to take Krav maga to the next level.Personally I would never,ever,ever try a back spinning kick to the head on the street!So beware!Not my cup of tea.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2013 9:30 PM BST