1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars
Nice hardware, let down by mediocre software, 18 Oct. 2010
Very happy with the handset itself, but there are a few issues with software.
- Robust case and mechanism. You don't feel you have to treat it too carefully
- Small enough to fit into any pocket
- fairly reliable, but has crashed maybe once a month
- qwerty keyboard makes it perfect for email on the move, which is the main reason I bought it
- On most apps text is too small for me to read easily, and unfortunately each app has its own method of changing the font size, which is frustrating. When magnified, text is not re-wrapped, meaning constant left-right scrolling.
- More generally, there is no consistency from app to app, even the common ones that get used every day, for common functions like selecting and magnifying, which is really frustrating. Not the phone's fault but the app development community needs to be more proactively steered toward a common look and feel.
- Sat-nav on OVI maps is really an emergency-use-only feature. On the move it seems to have difficulty locking onto GPS, and by the time it does you've missed the turn
- Can't seem to get some apps to behave as I want vis a vis connectivity, which is to use Wi-Fi if possible, otherwise automatically flip to cell network.